Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EF 50mm f/1.8 II Best Shot

Re: EF 50mm f/1.8 II Best Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

I feel left out...I've never owned the Canon 50mm f/1.8. I was shooting with a friend once and he let me borrow it. I was so disgusted by the build quality, slow focusing, and displeasing bokeh (his copy created oval OOF highlights near the edges of the frame) that I skipped the nifty fifty entirely and went straight for the 50mm f/1.4. I've really enjoyed it.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Can totally see your point, but I paid &pound;60 for mine, for that I have no complaints!

Here's my contribution to the Nifty Fifty gallery []
    50mm f/1.8 II, ISO 100, f/8, 10-second exposure. Camera was placed on a tripod. Mirror lockup enabled. Shot in RAW, and processed in PS.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.24.39/Tulsa-Skyline-III.jpg[/img]

<p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'Courier New'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Xp

Here's my contribution
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'Courier New'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman';"]Gorgeous!<o></o>

Not my best shot, but I find it interesting.

Here's another. Definitely not a to testament to the abilities of the plastic fantastic, but something to drool over. A friend playing with my gear.

The Nifty-Fifty and the 85 f1.8 are the two lenses I use the most. Absolutely love them.

Here's a couple of mine.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.33.12/miller-2.jpg[/img]

Seems we have a great many talented people here. Goes to show what a sense of light and an eye for composition can create with an inexpensive lens.

I am glad that Canon produces this lens.

Great shots Garret!! I'm interested in the EXIF data for the hands and the portrait shot if you don't mind. Some shots with my 50 1.8 from a portrait session on Tuesday leave quite a bit to be desired in the realms of sharpness. (shooting at f/4.5 or smaller).

Thanks!

-Rodger

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.33.12/8443_2D00_2.jpg[/img]