Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MTB - Look away if you dont like bikes...

Re: MTB - Look away if you dont like bikes...

Ade....LMAO....looks like the one on the right puddled her britches after seeing "Lycra Lance".

I don

Quote Originally Posted by Ade

Hey Rich, i do a lot of night riding, and with the right lights it's arguably more fun than in the day, you do need to invest in the right lights though, get one of these and you'll be fine...it's 1800 lumens, I have this and a helmet light, not cheap, but amazing!!!!

They would work for skiing too

www.exposurelights.com/.../six-pack

Thanks for the link on the lights.

It does seem like a lot of fun. I think we just picked a trail that was twisty, single-track, so it's hard to see that far ahead of the trail even in daylight. All I know is that we were so stoked to go, we each spent about $300 dollars on lights, then snuck into the county park (like I mentioned we actually had to climb a fence and pass our bikes over the fence to do this, and it was really tough to go fast. It was definitely kinda freaky though in a good way!

Perhaps I should pick a beginner trail next time! [:$]

We also tried going in the snow once, my friend had spikes on his tires and I didn't, well needless to say that was a total disaster too, the snow was too deep and crusty for both of us, so we couldn't even pedal, so it was another bust.

That's it, from now on I'm sticking to the paved bike paths.

Nice bike babes!

Rich

Nice shots! Mountain biker here as well

Are you close enough to Fort William to hit the World Cup at all? Dalby Forest in UK looked great last year as well.

Ft Bill is a bit of a drive, more a weekend, so dont go there much, but they hold stages of the cup in Innerliethen which is in easy peddaling distance, so ride there a fair bit, Dalby is good but again a bit far away, but i cant complain, i live in Peebles which is the middle of the 7 stanes;

http://www.7stanes.gov.uk/

Where are you?

So Cal! Just a mtb fan and was hoping to do the XC World Cup circuit at some point.

Great stuff Ade - I love mountain biking as much as photography. Your snow shot is reminiscent of the conditions here right now... we just got a fresh load of heavy white cake batter dumped on us today, so it will be a while yet before we can hit the trails. A couple years ago I did the 24 Hours of Adrenalin relay race at the Canmore Nordic Centre, and in between my laps I tried some night shots. With a few trials and errors I finally came away with this one. I set the flash to fire on the second curtain, and chose a half-second exposure to get a decent light streak happening. This rider happened to be one of the soloists, making his way through the pit area.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/700x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1157._5F00_M3_5F00_6560.jpg[/img]

Nice, I keep meaning to try some night shots, Is that Freelance by any chance, Giant Anthem, Blue and Silver ??

Great shots Ade! I need to make some cool MTB shots as well. I guess I'll start with a macro photo of the trail here, so it looks very rocky and heavy and I feel tough again...

Those trails crack my ego in two parts []