Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Assignment 20: Congratulations nvitalephotography!

Re: -NEW- Assignment 20: Rubbish, Garbage, Trash

I've been quite the lurker on this website, absorbing as much information as I can both from Bryan's reviews and the various topics on these forums. Outside of a few random posts here and there, here is my first submission for an assignment:

Canon 50D, 1/320 sec, f/8.0, Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM @ 21mm, ISO 400

This time I actually went out looking for something to take a picture of instead of being lazy and posting something from my archive.

Here's my entry, but I couldn't decide what to call it: "Rusty Cart" or "Rustic Art" ?

5D Mark II, EF70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM @ 200mm, f/7.1, 1/160s, ISO 400

A couple from my archives just for fun...

A ship that ran aground in the Beagle Channel, Tierra Del Fuego

5D Mark II, EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM @ 50mm, f/7.1, 1/400s, ISO 100

Dilapidated coal conveyor building in Svalbard.

5D Mark II, EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM @ 28mm, f/11, 1/200s, ISO 100
    Last edited by Andy Stringer; 11-12-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Hi, nice submissions so far, I especially like the Rusty Cart. Yesterday evening I was out for some recreation with my camera and this time I decided to go really light with only the 10-22 on my T1i. Of course a few seabirds recognized the UWA lens and made nice poses at safe distance just to tease me. On the other hand I captured some nice spring views and I also spotted a detail that made me think of the current assignment. We had lots of snow this winter and the meltwater brings various stuff with it on its way to the sea, e.g. last summer’s toys. Let’s call my submission “Behind Bars”.

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/8032.IMG_5F00_9620_5F00_ED_5F00_S.JPG[/img]

I kind of like how the only part of the image that doesn't look like rubbish is actually the only thing that is - the rest belongs there.

EXIF: T1i, EF-S 10-22 @ 11 mm, f/13, 1.3 sec, ISO100.

Interesting submissions guys and gals. Funny how garbage can be made look good or artistic...

Anyway, here is mine, apanorama of acar cementary.

Canon 5DII and 24-105L@ 28mm, 1/2sec., f/16, ISO400.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1024x341/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/4885.Cars-1024.jpg[/img]

I went on a rubbish hunt around the house and found this pair of sunglasses I had accidentally broken a few weeks ago. So I broke them a bit more and then arranged them in a funny shape.

500D, 17-55, f/4, ISO400, 1/60s

My gear: Canon 500D, 17-55mm F/2.8 IS, 70-200 F/4L IS, 100mm F/2.8 macro (non-USM), 50mm F/1.4

Most beetles are an integral part of the forest ecosystem, helping to break down decaying organic matter. When they die, they are broken down in turn - the circle of life. Most beetles...but not this one...

"Dead Beetle in the Forest"

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-35-15/Dead-Beetle.jpg[/img]
    EOS 7D, EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8IS USM @ 17mm, 1/100 s, f/5.6, ISO 100

Not too many submissions for this assignment so far, but I like that the assignment seems to have induced a lot of people to go out and take pictures, rather than pulling them from the archive. Although I didn't go out specifically for this assignment,I ran across this on the trail toward a local GBH rookery yesterday afternoon. This is why I take my 17-55mm along when I go out to shoot birds with my 7D and 100-400mm.

Wow! Competition is way to tough for me on this one! I know I wouldn

Neuro

"I like that the assignment seems to have induced a lot of people to go out and take pictures, rather than pulling them from the archive. "

Bang on, that was the whole idea.......i kind of thought not many would have this in their archive, i was really inspired by my first assignment I wanted others to be as well.

Come off it Denise, We all know you are up to the challenge, get out there and shoot that trash.....You

LOL! It has been raining here for days and days and days (when it's not been snowing)! If I don't see sun soon & get to go out and shoot something, I'm going to go completely insane, break something in my house and then I'll have something to add!

OK, I'm going to give it my best shot!

I've had all I can take of the weather lately so yep, I went completely insane! This first photo is my entry and I'll call it "My House"! [+o(]

7d, 35mm /f1.4 @ f/7.1, 1/250, ISO 100, HDR effect done in DxO Pro

A few others I took on my house hunting drive ...this one is in the "risky" part of town so it also belongs in the "What a Photographer Will Do For A Shot" thread ...

Ths one I found on a country road ...

Whew ...now I can stop looking for garbage, rubbish & trash!

Denise