Thread: Night Shots

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Night Shots

I went out and had a play with shooting the town in the dark, this is my first time doing this so critique very welcome,

3 shots first is a single shot with only a little bit of raw fettling the second is 3 shots that have been processed through the CS5 HDR function, and then a little messing about just to see what it does, comments and preferences welcome. (Last one is just a crop of the second)

5d mk2 70-200 2.8L IS II -15sec f6.3 iso200

HDR'd

Re: Night Shots

Where do you live, just around the corner from Hogwarts?

The last one is a nice picture, fairytale stuff, nice.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

LOL, Funnily enough J.K. Rowling lives about 25miles away, (Edinburgh), so you could have something there.

Its a small town in the Scottish Borders, (Scotland/England), called Peebles.

You could also try (don't know if it will work though) using a spot light to light paint the dark spots. For closer shots I've been playing around with light painting at night and it's cool technique.

Here is where I first heard about such a thing http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephenoachs/5225209293/in/photostream.

Here is the picture if you are too lazy to click on the link[]

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/2821.5225209293_5F00_73a68d7c7f_5F00_z.jpg[/img]

John.

Never heard of that before, very interesting, although i think you would need to be close to the object you wanted to

Really interesting shot Ade. Thanks for sharing. It might just be perspective, but it looks slightly out of level to me. Perhaps rotate it counterclockwise a touch?