Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Assignment 21: Unique Perspective WINNER: freelanceshots

Re: Assignment 21: Unique Perspective

Garvin Botanical Gardens in Hot Springs AR. 5D2 and 16-35II lens.

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ Unique perspective by freelanceshots, on Flickr:550:0]

Freelance, I haven
    Bob

Thanks for the compliment and the rotunda lighting was all natural. I'm almost positive that I used three exposures a piece for the up and down view as it is a true 180 plus degree view. I shot a spherical 360 x 180 panorama in there and it just did not really impress me like seeing it first hand. Thought of doing this shot because to get a scope of the actual beauty you have to see the hole in the floor and how it reaches up into the dome which is huge and looks like a majestic painting when photographed by itself. The downside of the photo is that the lens compresses it all making it look like a smaller area plus from the distortion correction a lot of the width had to be lost to the crop. I Should have considered stretching the photo length wise to make it look more accurate but I didn't do it at the time.

Here is a straight up shot of the ceiling taken with a 30D and the 17-55IS lens years before. As you can tell I like to look up at things.

[img]/themes/generic/utility/ State capitol ceiling by freelanceshots, on Flickr[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/8666.IMG_5F00_0017_5F00_2.jpg[/img]

Canon XS ISO 800 50mm f/1.8 1/250

Here is a pretty cool shot of a pretty normal space but it just screams someone take my picture. Its from the Peabody hotel in Little Rock.

[img]/themes/generic/utility/ Hotel atrium by freelanceshots, on Flickr[/img]

The State Capitol here is the perfect place to capture some unique interior shots. I have taken so many photos and nobody really gets to see them so its fun to go back and share them. I don't have many followers on flickr so I don't get many page views there. Just had to wait and capture something extra to make the image more interesting and then this mother/grandmother and daughter walked up the stairs and it was the perfect time.

I'll stop posting know.

[img]/themes/generic/utility/ The Halls of Justice by freelanceshots, on Flickr[/img]

Great pictures Freelance.........

The standard of entries is really high again, so my "entry" is more in the spirit of sharing than competing. I've been so short of time recently that I've had to raid my archive again. This picture is of me getting seriously cold in an Antarctic storm, with my mode of transport right behind me. It gives you some clue what I had to endure to get the pictures of cute penguins.

5D Mark II, EF 17-40mm f/4L USM @ 17mm, f/11, 1/200s, ISO 100

The scientifically minded amongst you might like to estimate the wind speed based on the distance travelled by the snow flakes during the exposure.

By the way, that red thing round my neck is a life jacket, in case I fell through a crack in the ice (which was two metres thick). I'm not sure it would have been much use. The cause of death would have been 'hypothermia' instead of 'drowning'.
    Last edited by Andy Stringer; 11-12-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Senior Member nvitalephotography's Avatar

Just found this article that is about exactly what I was thinking when I decided on this assignment

Posting these photos above got me interested again in seeking to turn in my spherical panaorama to the folks at the state capitol. I was just doing it originally for fun and maybe a little free promotion and then got bored with it before turning in the final copy. On a whim today I dropped by and met with the Photography Manager through the Secretary of State