Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000 Posts and a Lifetime of Learning

1000 Posts and a Lifetime of Learning

I have been fairly busy lately with things other than photography---I know, shame on me[]. So today I decided to spend some time on TDP and and comment on some of the great work you guys have been posting and the assistance you have offered me. After a few posts I notice I was nearing the 1000 post mark and just had to time it so that I could thank the many contributers to my photography experience-------Thank you all, I am now insured for about $22k, and it's all your fault[:'(]---but it has been worth every dime[]. I have learned so much and have recieved so much motivation, encouragement and appropriate critiquefrom this forum, words cannot explain my gratitude. Thank You all........

Bryan, The team captain----Thanks for all of your hard work putting this community together and giving us so much advice, so manytutorials, well thought out reviews, the latest info and a place to go to discuss it.

Denise----The team motivator, You always have the encouragingwords to keep us going---Your pics arecool too[].

John (Neuro) and Daniel---the two team scientists---when specs, details or understanding is needed--you guys always have the answers, thank you. Your time and and instructional skill are always appreciated.

Joel and Nate---The Bird Guys. Your constant pursuit of perfection in shooting and post processing has been an inspiration to me and I am sure---manyothers. Keep showing us how it should be done and telling us how to do it. Thanks for showing me what is possible.

JJ---The guy with the info----No matter what the subject, you always have something useful to offer and are always willing to do so (no matter how stupid my question is [*-)])

Sean----Wow, I have learned so much from your portraiture, strobists tutorials and overall wizdom regarding the lighting subject---now, I want to see you mount your camera on the front of that john boat your in and take some shots of you rowing your way through your neighborhood []---seriously, I hope you and your family are doing well and are safe from all of the flooding I have heard about in your area.

Wally and Steve---our friends from down under, Perhaps someday we can drink a [B] together, but until then, keep the photos and encouragement coming, love the work you guys do and the wizdom you offer.--If you ever make it this way, just know the fridge is always stocked and the grill is hot (of course I have scarificed steaks for camera equipment--so my grill only cooks dogs and burgers these days[:'(]---Actually, Green Chile Bratwurst are a common to my grill---yum-yum[]

So many others to thank but my memory is lacking right now----But if I missed you, Just know your contributions are appreciated.

Thanks to all for an inspirational3 years.

Bob

Bob

Re: 1000 Posts and a Lifetime of Learning

Bob

That was real nice. I enjoyed reading your thoughts (actually I did read it 3 times) and I thank you very for sharing this with us.');][img]../../../../../emoticons/emotion-2.gif[/img]

I look forward reading your topics for many more years.[Y] Keep them coming. [<)]

Wally from Down Under. [B]

PS. I wonder how may TDP members are from Oz ? ');][img]../../../../../emoticons/emotion-59.gif[/img]
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Bob, what a great post, I think you said it for all of us with this one. Thank you. [Y]

Dogs and burgers translates to sausages and rissoles Down Under and it would be a treat to one day share some with you.

Congrats on the 1000, don't rest now, keep on going.

Cheers,

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

What a wonderful post, Bob!! I think it's time for a group hug!! [{]

Here's a vison for everyone ...

All of us together for a photographers group outing and picnic in the park with hiking trails, wildlife, waterfalls and plenty of food, beer & wine to go around...and Sean taking photos of usafter we've been there for a few hours!

BTW, Bob - I put out my hb feeders today after seeing a hb in a park yesterday! I didn't think they'd be in my area for a few more weeks! Now I have to do a crash course of re-reading thru all your past posts!! If I can make my photos look even 1/2 as good as yours from last year ...I will be very proud of myself!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U
    Bob, what a great post, I think you said it for all of us with this one. Thank you. [img]/emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]

agreed!! that's what I want to say too.

Thanks, Bob! I have to say, I've learned so much from everyone here, and it continues to be a genuine pleasure participating in these forums!

By frequenting the community forum pages, we all get something we need...whether it be advice, inspiration, motivation, recognition, or simply entertainment, it

Here Here !! [B][B]

Bravo, well said (written) .....I'll certainly chime in and toast to the entire group with a big THANK YOU!

great post, Bob.

Here
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Thank You Bob,

Hope I can start posting some images again, haven