Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Altered, Manipulated, Mapped or Bent

Re: Altered, Manipulated, Mapped or Bent

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

I just did this in whatever it defaulted to in Oil Painting. It would be extremely appreciated if you could put what your settings were at for newbies like me ...I would love to try to duplicate the process, if my computer will let me!

Good idea, I will put up my settings from now on to new pics. I think I had all the other sliders in the oil painting filter at max or very near max and colorization was around 1.05 for my snail. Too bad it doesn't remember what was last used. Personally I don't like how this filter tends to pick up on any noise and make a very distinct pattern to the out of focus background from it very much. Maybe I will try to use a mask and take down the strength of the effect on the background so the main subject is more pronounced. But it might be just the right effect for some photos.

Thanks, qwRad! I agree w/ you about it being ok for some photos. The background is what I didn

Thanks, qwRad! I agree w/ you about it being ok for some photos. The background is what I didn't like most about mine but I was just happy to get thru it without my program crashing & didn't want to push it too much with any other manipulation!

To smooth out the background there are a couple things you can do:

Turn the Brush Contrast Down; I usually keep it very low. Same with Brush Scale, I keep that turned down keeping the brush strokes small.

Quote Originally Posted by qwRad

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco

@qwRad... I've seen this somewhere.. today. Actually, I think this is the third website I've seen your pic of this. Are you on Picturesocial.com as well? I think maybe there was a link to your blog? Or was it a deviation on DA.. maybe featured on #MacroMagic and you linked your blog from there? Either way, I liked all of the shots in that series.

Thanks, I posted a link to my blog in the "post your best nature shots" thread so maybe you caught it from there! I'm not on Picturesocial.com or DA though.

YES. That was it. Mystery solved.. that actually started to bother me because I couldn't find that post again on either of those two sites. Phew!
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Great shots every one! Keep e

Here's the same photo I posted earlier but leaving the background au naturale plus I changed the setting some from the original default. New settings are style 2.95, clean. 6.8, color. 1.09, br.scale 3.23, br. contrast 0.995 ...

Another to add ...

Those look cool. Here is one I tried from a wedding shot a couple weeks back.

I have no clue how to use this 3D feature in CS5 Extended & I couldn't really find any help online for existing photos, only info for drawing.

I have no clue how to use this 3D feature in CS5 Extended & I couldn't really find any help online for existing photos, only info for drawing.

Good Idea with the cube. Have you tried any of the other shapes, or using Repoussé?

Seems you figured out how to make a cube and put pictures on each side. What do you need to know about 3D in CS5 Extended?

You can find some help on CS5 Ext 3D at Adobe TV
    http://tv.adobe.com/search/?q=CS5+Extended+3D

There are a bunch of Tuts on YouTube also.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO1bS2TgdSU

Planetphotoshop has some good tuts also, you'll have to search for any on 3D though.
    http://www.planetphotoshop.com/

Have you tried animations with CS5 Extended Yet?

http://youtu.be/jvJht-IaHVQ