Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding photographer

Wedding photographer

Prodessional wedding photographer located in Peterborough and Stamford, shot taken at Burghley House, Stamford Lincolnshire

Prodessional wedding photographer located in Peterborough and Stamford, shot taken at Burghley House, Stamford Lincolnshire

Re: Wedding photographer

I have to ask...why did you position the bride and groom so increadibly close to that background? It's quite distracting. If you had brought the subjects in closer to you, then the door would have blurred into a beautiful yet mysterious bokeh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

I have to ask...why did you position the bride and groom so increadibly close to that background? It's quite distracting. If you had brought the subjects in closer to you, then the door would have blurred into a beautiful yet mysterious bokeh.

Personally, I prefer the deep focus for this shot because I think the fine detail of the background is very much a part of the subject, perhaps even moreso than the bride (and definitely more than the groom []), although I can see the appeal of doing it with a little bokeh.

I second Sean, furthermore, in my opinion, it would have looked better if the groom had closed his jacket..

The couple wanted the detail of the gate, this is a private area in a fantastic house. So they wanted detail, not artistic.

It was very important for them you could see the family crest etc.

But I do understand the views :-)

Alan

In many cases, the background is/can be a distraction (such as a bland landscape). In this case, the detail in the gate is worth showing the background, in my opinion.

Otherwise, its just a picture of a newly married couple posing. Plenty of those kind of shots were taken, I'm sure.

This raises the question of bokeh. I understand why it's a desirable thing to have, but the way our eyes work, we'd see that gate in clear focus, whether the couple was further in toward the camera or not.

Our eyes have nearly instant 'auto focus,' yet we spend thousands more for a lens that blurs the background so we can "not" see it the way we actually did.

I like the background, it adds dietail like you said. The one thing that slightlyannoysme is the out of level horizon, it makes it feel lop sided. The line in the gate is the easiest placetosee it.That is easy to correct and would make it much better.

Cheers,

John.

I guess heeding to your clients requests is number one, but the image draws my eyes way too much to the outer edges. My eyes are first drawn to the overly white peripheral wall and some edges of something circular, plus what looks like the bottom of a balcony. Then I see the gate, then finally I spot the couple.

Perhaps adding slight vignette to the outer rim will prevent the eye from wandering and focus primarily on the gate and couple. The couple is a bit too hard to find at the moment...

The gates are key for them to show to friends the location. Although I think they are great gates.

Or possibly draw the viewer