Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lens Rental Companies

Re: Lens Rental Companies

+1 about lensrentals...Roger has been very helpful to me a couple of times when I've PMed him on fredmiranda to ask about his experience with certain gear...saving me a chunk of money...even though I have yet to actually rent from them! This is the kind of company I'd go out of my way to do business with...(and I certainly will once the weather gets better...)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill M.

I personally have used LensProToGo [snip]

If you live near Massachusetts (where they are located), the shipping time is very short.

If you live in the US and you rent from LensRentals, the shipping time is very short.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Peety3,

I understand your a big fan of LensRentals, that's great. I've never tried them, maybe I will someday. I was pointing out that if you live in Massachusetts or in the general vicinity, i.e. New Hampshire, Conn., etc... that shipping is next day (without it having it be next day air). I think he generally does 2nd day air anyway, so that people across the US would most likely get their equipment in 2 days.

I've spoken with the owner on several occasions and he has personally met people at a neutral location in the state with last minute equipment rentals. I personally have had a good experience with them but it seems, by the number of posts for LensRentals, that people have had very positive experiences with them as well...you probably can't go wrong with either one.

I just rented my 3rd lens from Lens Rentals, and have had nothing but positive experiences with them. I'm getting the Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L for an upcoming airshow.