Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA error when using Photoshop

Re: NVIDIA error when using Photoshop

The only thing I changed was the name in the GPUsniffer file. Everthing else was just following the hack exactally as written. Try looking up the exact name in your computer of your card and pasting that. My laptop is new and has a I7 CPU, if that helps any. Computers are funny creatures and things don't have to make sense for it not to work.

John.

Denise,

The best thing I can think of is to back up all your documents and reformat your hard drive. Your computer will perform like new, to bad we can

That
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by andnowimbroke

That's one reason I use Acronis. I'll update the whole thing and then do a complete clone of the drive. If something ever goes wrong, I recover from the clone made without having to start back from scratch. It also has a "try and decide" option if you install different software alot and let's you monkey around a bit without making the changes permanent.

+1 [Y]

It's my safety net, and it's saved my bacon on more than one occasion.

Well, I made a few changes under "Edit", "Performance" from referencing this link that Tim provided ...

http://wwwimages.adobe.com/www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/photoshop/pdfs/PhotoshopCS5_performance.pdf

and from this one that I was reading...

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/404/kb404898.html

and all appears to be working very well again! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue this way! I will continue to follow the suggestions given in the above information from the first link.

I am wondering though, #1 is it possible that performance in photoshopdecreases the longer I have my computer on and #2 does it decrease with the more programs I have open at the same time?

Denise

I was gonna ask you how many other programs you have starting up with the computer. Is the bottom right corner full of icons?

No, I mean programs that I have opened myself. Sometimes I will have DPP open when I have photoshop open.

Yes, that doesn

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725

No, I mean programs that I have opened myself. Sometimes I will have DPP open when I have photoshop open.

Yes it does. Every program you open eats a continues bit of your RAM. Mostly when programs run in the background, it's not as much as when you're using them directly. But still they can slow down progress. However if you're using DPP a lot during the action and you're switching from PS to DPP often. You might find that restarting either program might take more time tha just leaving one standby in the background.

May I ask what specification your pc has? CPU and RAM mainly.

Oh and since you're using W7. Go to start menu and use the search bar. Type in "msconfig". A window would pop-up. There should be a tab "startup" . In this tab you find all the utilities which are executed when Windows starts. Programs like MS Office and Adobe Reader are notorious for being there. Mostly they are quick-loaders for certain programs. For me personally I don't really care about Adobe Reader since I don't use it that often, so I choose not to load it at start-up so my PC loads faster.

If you'd uncheck all programs which don't really NEED to load during startup, you might experience some increase in speed in Windows and other programs as well, since there's less junk running in the background. Obviously you should watch what you're unchecking. But luckily you can recheck anything later on when you notice that you're missing something.

Hope that helps. I can provide some screenshots if necessary.

Jan

Thanks, Jan!

I did take off just a couple checkmarks for programs that start at startup.

I have 4GB RAM, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor

Ancient set-up at about 3-1/2 - 4 yrs. old!

Denise