Thread: If you like airplane pics I've uploaded a batch to Flickr

If you like airplane pics I've uploaded a batch to Flickr

Here is one as a teaser. images shot with 30 and 40D and 70-200 2.8 and 300mm 2.8

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ blue angles side by side by freelanceshots, on Flickr:550:0]

Link to full set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/freelanceshots/sets/72157626822387014/

Re: If you like airplane photos I uploaded a batch to flickr

Bryan....nice air show pix, my only thought is w/the prop planes; I would have slowed the shutter down to blur the props more.

I have the same pic as your side by side, but unfortunately mine was taken later in the afternoon and I was facing west.

Nice job.

Bill

Great series of shots --- I loved the ultra wide angle ones the best. Thanks for sharing!

yes prop blur makes for nicer photos I agree. For some reason this day I was not as focused on the technical aspects as I could have been. I was out at the airfield covering this for the newspaper so I was shooting a lot of images quickly so I guess that's what I was doing. At the paper these guys used and abused me as I was the new guy where I took so many photos and covered so many events that I started to get burned out. Most of the photos I took have little cropping except for the ones where the photo opp were miles away. I was using a 70-200 or the 300 that day where I was always battling to much lens or not enough as most of the activities where actually pretty close at this event. As far as the side by side photo I saw this moment one time years ago where I wondered how the photographer had the chance to catch this image. Well when I was at the airshow and had the opportunity to recreate the image I had seen lets say it was my goal for the day. Its happens so fast that you kind of have to have a little luck on your side at just 5 or 6 frames a sec.

I hear ya Bryan....in the excitement of the moment we sometimes overlook (brain cramp) the technical aspects.

Thanks for putting in the lens info....I was curious about the 70-200 at an airshow....I saw a few people using them, but none of the "reporters". I shot my pix w/a 100-400 which worked out great for taxiing and flybys.

Bill