Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best tablet device to use with your DSLR?

Re: Best tablet device to use with your DSLR?

THe iPad

And check out this article about taking a dslr and iPad and hyperdrive on the road in Turkey for weeks on end.

www.macworld.com/.../ipadhyperdrive.html

Thanks again for the info thekingb. Filterstorm Pro looks exactly like the thing I

Wait a while longer. Netbooks won

I think the Asus Transformer might be a great option: www.asus.com/.../Eee_Pad_Transformer_TF101

Watched a bunch of video reviews of it from YouTube and it seems very capable + I get the keyboard so it will be a (very good resolution) netbook if needed. Supports plugging an external 2.5" hdd right to it when using the keyboard dock. Maybe even with only the tablet if someone makes an adapter for the dock connector. Battery life is also good in tablet mode and excellent with the keyboard. And on top of all this the price is quite ok, starting at $399. (16GB without the kb-dock though, $549 with the addon) Now I only need to wait for the 3G version which should come out in August.

Thought I would update this a bit. I now have an Asus Transformer android tablet on order from www.simplyelectronics.net which is a debated shop, they usually quote "1-2 day" shipping times but it can take as long as 3-4 weeks to get your order. Some people also complain that it takes forever for a refund if you need one. Their prices are really "too good to be true" though. The consensus on the forums is that they import grey market products from Hong Kong and sell them from their UK based warehouse so EU buyers won

Thought I would update this a bit. I now have an Asus Transformer android tablet on order from www.simplyelectronics.net which is a debated shop, they usually quote "1-2 day" shipping times but it can take as long as 3-4 weeks to get your order. Some people also complain that it takes forever for a refund if you need one. Their prices are really "too good to be true" though. The consensus on the forums is that they import grey market products from Hong Kong and sell them from their UK based warehouse so EU buyers won