Thread: Mecablitz 50 AF-1 Digital

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Mecablitz 50 AF-1 Digital

Hi,

What do you think of the Metz Mecablitz 50 AF-1 Digital?

Saying this, I can get it for €220 on Amazon. I was also looking at the Speedlight 430 EXII and the 580 EXII, but they seem to cost more.

This will be my first "external" flash for my EOS 450D.

Re: Mecablitz 50 AF-1 Digital

I have the mecablitz 44 AF1 (or perhaps the 50, I don't remember exactly, but will check when I come home if you want) and I use it on my 400D. I am very satisfied with it. It has E-TTL, is easy to use, and gives me the choices that I want. I haven't had any problems with it, and have also used it when I use old FD-lenses on my 400D, with the flash off the camera (by cable). The E-TTL still works as it should. I would recommend it as a first external flash. It inspired me to experiment more with lighting, varying the flash settings instead of the camera (although I have a lot to learn compared to others on this site, none mentioned, none forgotten [].

I am not sure if it adapts easily with the wireless transmitters available for canon, but as a beginners flash, it is great value for the money. In Norway, almost half the price of the Canon flashes.

Lars

Thanks for the info...

Indeed it will be my first external flash and I definitely need something new as the internal flash seems to wear out a lot (charge time longer and longer). If I find the 44 AF on Amazon, then I might go for the cheapest of the 2 (44 or 50).

Yay... Bought a Mecablitz 44 AF1 on Amazon.

Good deal, now to learn how to use it and make the most of it.

I really like the way the head swivels.