Thread: Continue please 'EDIT THIS'

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Continue please 'EDIT THIS'

I did not want this post to get lost inside Assignment 22.

the 'edit this' concept is completely FANTASTIC.

I would vote to continue this as an ongoing project,

There are so many creative photographers here, sometimes I feel we spend too much time on the

technical aspects of the equipment, but 'edit this' adds creativity and photoshop to the site.

I would encourage the artists to post their technique or a .psd file that we could follow and learn from

There are a lot of very creative photographers on this site and I know this is a great venue to showcase their tallent.

Thank you.

Re: Continue please 'EDIT THIS'

That sounds like a great idea! Not so much here, but at other photography forums we are getting people who always ask for advise and/or PP help with their pictures.

Another idea is the Before and After Approach for the most basic Raw development/editing using just your Raw editor such as DPP, ACR, Lightroom or DxO. Post both the before and after with a screen shot of the adjustments you made so people can learn from and see the effects certain adjustments have on an image.

Not everyone has Photoshop, but most will a Raw Editor/Converter

Quote Originally Posted by iND
    the 'edit this' concept is completely FANTASTIC.

I couldn't agree more! I also love the idea. It had been done more often in the forum threads, but not as an assignment.

I would vote to continue this as an ongoing project

I'm not really sure if this is what is wanted for every assignment, but we definitely could repeat this every so now and then.

There are so many creative photographers here, sometimes I feel we spend too much time on the

technical aspects of the equipment, but 'edit this' adds creativity and photoshop to the site.

That's true. However the nice part of the assignments is that you're often directed to a form of photography that you normally don't do. For instance there was a "what's on your plate" assignment where it was all about food. I never even took a photo of food, so that challenged me to go into unfamiliar territory.

Quote Originally Posted by tkerr

Another idea is the Before and After
    Approach for the most basic Raw development/editing using just your Raw
    editor such as DPP, ACR, Lightroom or DxO. Post both the before and
    after with a screen shot of the adjustments you made so people can learn
    from and see the effects certain adjustments have on an image.

Not everyone has Photoshop, but most will a Raw Editor/Converter

<span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]I don't know if you ever saw it, but there is a "before and after" thread with this kind of stuff. It's not that active anymore, but it's never too late to fire it up again...tip...tip...[]

Yeah I remember that thread, But, Instead of the usual before and after of what one person has done to their own pictures, Do it in the same manner as Edit This, allowing people to hone their PP Skills on pictures taken by others and show their B&amp;A results.