Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fireworks anyone?

Re: Fireworks anyone?

Here are some shots from Stillwater, MN's fireworks this year. Pretty good but I could tell that they are cutting back on the fireworks due to the economy. So there were a few less fireworks, but still good nonetheless.

Enjoy!

Canon T1i, Canon 70-200L f/2.8 USM.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6064.IMG_5F00_3658.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5165.IMG_5F00_3900.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8867.IMG_5F00_3910.jpg[/img]

Thanks for viewing!

Check out comalleyphotography.com for more!

Quote Originally Posted by freelanceshots
    Here is one where I did not have to adjust the camera angle to capture the full view so less perspective correction needed.

Bryan, I like the second one much better--for two reasons: The perspective is much better and the highlights in the fireworks aren't blown out.

Nice job,

Bob

Bob

Well to have the surrounding city exposed well enough to see details on the ground then some of these extremely large fireworks burst where going to be over exposed. Even to the human eye when these blasts went off everything near the explosion turned white where you almost had to look away as it was blinding. The one you like William was shot in RAW so I pulled out 2 images one under exposed for the center of the fireworks and the other as shot to get the rest of the image. Captured a few RAW images in the beginning but then flipped to jpeg because I had only one memory card with me. I rode my motorcycle out to the city to avoid the parking mess where I had my camera and one lens in a small non photo backpack and then my tripod in it's soft case around my neck with a foldable tripod seat stuffed in just so I could take a break from standing.

Fireworks on the Esplanade in Boston, July 2011

<span class="fbPhotoCaptionText"]Canon EOS T1i/500D
    Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM
    ISO 800, 1/320, &amp; f/4 @ 28mm
    Digital.. Canon EOS 40D | Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4​L​ USM | Canon SpeedLite 580EX II
    Film..... Canon EOS 650 | Canon EF 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5 | Canon SpeedLite 430EX II