Thread: Only two twist lenses for 2009 PMA...

Only two twist lenses for 2009 PMA...

Don't know about how you guys think. I'm actually disappointed to see that the only outcome for the EOS system from Canon are two TS-E lenses at this PMA. There is no DSLR, no EF or EF-S or L lenses, no accessories... Isometime lookat Canon Rumors site, at least some of their guesses actually make sense - i.g. the logical next step is to renew the 35/1.4L - that's an actual lens that I'm going to buy!! But Canon just doesn't come to satisfy. I will not switch to Nikon because of this but I will be disappointed... Until they come up with something exciting.

BTW, where's my 24-70/2.8L IS???

Re: Only two twist lenses for 2009 PMA...

I've said it before but...I can't believe the price hikes on the new versions of lenses (obviously the 17 is a new lens all together).

I'd actually like to get the 35 1.4L II when it comes out but I know it is going to be at least $1700 like the 24L.

Call me stupid but I'd rather have the original for $1100.

I would not use a 35 1.4L enough to justify the cost but I would gladly buy a Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 if they would upgrade it. Still offering a lens without USM? Hard to believe.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

Call me stupid but I'd rather have the original for $1100.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Some lenses I would hold onto the original if there is an update and it's significantly more expensive, like the 135/2L or generally Canon's premium telephoto lenses, because they are already perfect optically. The 35L is a bit weak wide open though, just like the 24L. I think if I have the 35L I will use it mostly wide open, just like how it would work to complement zooms. Sodoes the lens work perfectly stopped down? I don't care that much. The 24L II's wide open perfomance has been noticeably improved -- that what I want to see and what I will have to pay a premium on.

$1100 is a reasonable price, but what else canI do ifI want ultimate performance wide open...

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb

I would not use a 35 1.4L enough to justify the cost but I would gladly buy a Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 if they would upgrade it. Still offering a lens without USM? Hard to believe.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I guess Canon will have to make $ first before they can come to better every lens out there... sad...