Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My most wanted list, anything more to add?

Re: My most wanted list, anything more to add?

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Arial;"]14-24/2.8L &ndash; Nikon has one and it&rsquo;s phenomenal.

The problem with a 14mm lens is that it is too concave to support a filter thread. And I can't imagine shooting landscapes without the option to use a CPL filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    <p class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Arial;"]EOS 1D Mark IV &ndash; I know this camera will arrive just in a while. Hopefully it can match D3 in performance, FF and IQ while surpass it by offering better resolution. I will get one when available.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

EOS-1D Mark IV that has both a super-fast frame rate and a full-frame sensor, now that would be something!

I'd bet a decent amount of money the 1D IV will be FF.

If it is, I will have a hard time not buying it. I'll probably sell my 5D2.

I'd love to have the focusing speed. 5D2 really lacks on the outer focus points even on fast lenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Jargon

The problem with a 14mm lens is that it is too concave to support a filter thread. And I can't imagine shooting landscapes without the option to use a CPL filter.

I don't find myself use CPL very often in general. I don't use CPL on wide angle lenses especially when the sky is in the picture, since it will result in uneven polarization. Just personal taste. I will not discard a 14-24 just because it doesn't take filters...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

I'd bet a decent amount of money the 1D IV will be FF.

If it is, I will have a hard time not buying it. I'll probably sell my 5D2.

I'd love to have the focusing speed. 5D2 really lacks on the outer focus points even on fast lenses.

Agree, that's why I went for a 50D for digital recently since it doesn't go deep into my wallet and it is fast. I somehow found thatspeed is not an issue for the9-point focusing system, however, the coverage on 5D is pathetic especially if you compare with a 1-series body... I'll be sure to get the 1D IV if it's overall better than the D3, and probably my 1V-HS will retire soon after

I'm waiting for something else: a full frame body with a 'normal' amount of megapixels. Let's say an equivalent of the D700 nikon.

If I could choose: 14 or 16 megapixel full frame sensor with gapless micro lenses, built-in flash, af-adjustment, vignetting adjustment and also adjustment for purple fringing, AF system with more Af-points, HD movie, iso from 50-25600, 6 photos/sec, 98% viewfinder.

All of these things would lead to incredible ISO performance, and real good image quality.

I would immediately buy it!

5D | 24-70 f2.8 | 50 f1.8 | 580EXII | 55-200

Something missing in Canon's super telephoto lineup - A 400 f4 lens with IS. Definitely possible - They made a 2.8 lens - although FAR too impractical for my use - and a 400 5.6 - which is sort of pointless in the regard of low light capabilities. This would be very successful lens if produced.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-400mm-f-4.0-DO-IS-USM-Lens-Review.aspx

Only problem with it seems to be the DO part....

The 5.6, at 5.6 other than the IS, kicks it's butt on clarity.

BTW, is there something inherently screwed about 'Diffractive Optics'? What is that anyway? Last thing I heard, lenses worked by refraction. Diffraction is an effect when waves turn corners, go through holes, etc.... What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin

Only problem with it seems to be the DO part....

I don't really get Canon's DO. Canon makes perfect optics with L signature, why bother DO if IQ is gonna be affected.And what's the sale number anyways,is canon making any profit out of its two DO lenses?

My wanted list:

450D at reduced price... It seems the price is on the (steep) rise.

EF-S 30mm f/1.8(or 2.0) USM with FTM &amp; distance window, 6 or 7 blade circular aparture, MM above 0.35 (0.5 would be good) that optically matches EF-50mm f/1.8

for US$250-$325