Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Little Man just turned 4....

My Little Man just turned 4....

Holy cow!! Mason just had his 4th birthday today!! I really can't believe it...time is really flying! Here are a few pictures, and a link to the whole series at Picasaweb for anybody interested. All shots taken with my new Zeiss Distagon ZE 35 1.4, and the few shots taken with a flash were from, get this, my new ring flash adapter that I just got used from Lensrentals.com. They frequently sell items and I always check because they take really good care of their stuff, and it's usually at bargain prices!! Anyways , the ring flash adapter is my new best friend, along with the ZE 35 1.4...great combo!!

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2100.AI6C3644-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

Mason and his friend Sammy...@f2

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8508.AI6C3671-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

styrofoam airplane...the hit of the day next to the bounce house! @f5.6

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6036.AI6C3679-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6318.AI6C3698-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

@f4.5...this picture is so incredibly sharp it blows my mind!!

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4760.AI6C3701-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

here is the picasaweb link for anyone interested...

https://picasaweb.google.com/112876940890442133557/MasonS4thBirthdayParty?authuser=0&feat=directl ink

Re: My Little Man just turned 4....

Happy birthday to Mason from Downunder.

Nice shots, Gregg.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U
    Happy birthday to Mason from Downunder.

I second that from downunder!

Gregg I can see why this lens is a permanent fixture on your camera. I like all these shots but especially the plane action shots, awesome. Lovely rich colors, great composition and wonderfully sharp. You must be a proud dad, to both Mason and the Zeiss.

Do I see a tiny bit of redeye in the last shot? This is the only giveaway. Ring-flash makes a nice fill don't you think. My ring-flash is quite bad for redeye and is one of the reasons I don't use it. Sadly it just sits on the shelf. It might come in handy if I ever do some macro work. Sean you're a strobist, do you ever use ring-flash for these kind of shots?

Erm.. Happy birthday to him from Upover? heh.

Exciting stuff. I have a daughter who is four. Can
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Steve, William, and Rocco...

Thank you for the comments and checking out my galleries!! Here is another one of Mason, just before he turned 4. This was taken in Yosemite at Mirror Lake. Many kids were jumping off this rock, so Mason decided he wanted to, too!! It's about 10' high, and where he jumped was about 7' up...check this out...

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/5706.The-Jump_2E00__2E00_.-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

Needless to say, he did it about 4 times and was totally stoked afterwards...Zeiss ZE 35 1.4@ f4...I have the whole series of him going into the water, too..

Nice shot Gregg. Mason will really appreciate these photos when he gets older. I don

Awesome!! My 5 year-old wouldn

Congrats! He looks pretty fearless jumping off of that rock!

Maybe you and Mason could get a nice shot of that glider in flight for the Toys thread.

Nice shots....I want a cupcake now!

Congrats Gregg! I myself have a 4 year old and I can honestly tell you that it is a great time. Great photos of the little mans birthday celebration.

William, thekingb, Richard, and Jayson...thank you for the kind words. It is a great time right now, and I'm glad I am able to record all of it for him(and US!!) Mason is pretty fearless, and is all boy!! He does stuff that blows me away! Two kids up the street(Quinn who is 5 1/2, and Jayden who is 8) have a trampoline...and Mason goes in there with them and plays with Jayden and his friend. And Mason holds his own with boys twice his age... he's a brute!!

Richard, the cupcakes are from a local bakery called "The Buttery", and it is aptly named. The cupcakes are double chocolate devil food with chocolate genache on top...you need a serious glass of milk to go with!! They are really quite fantastic!

Everybody, thanks again for looking!!

Gregg