Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP!! High speed continuous shooting with 7D

Re: HELP!! High speed continuous shooting with 7D

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist
    Incidentally, the JPG is what you see on the LCD during review, and more importantly (and something many people don't know), the histogram you see when you review an image on-camera is based on the JPG preview, even when shooting RAW. I see many people write that they they shoot RAW only, so things like white balance and picture style (which affects color saturation, contrast, etc.) don't affect their shots, and they just ignore those settings. But if you use the histogram to make exposure decisions, those setting can affect your RAW image (indirectly), if your exposure changes result in lost detail on either end of the dynamic range.
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Man.. If that's the case I WISH that Windows would also show the jpeg thumbnail preview within windows itsself when handling my .cr2 files. Anyone know if there's a plug-in or something of the sort that'll give windows that capability?
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco
    If that's the case I WISH that Windows would also show the jpeg thumbnail preview within windows itsself when handling my .cr2 files. Anyone know if there's a plug-in or something of the sort that'll give windows that capability?

Just get a Mac - the OS natively handles Canon RAW files. [:P] Sorry, it just slips out sometimes. You needthe Canon RAW Codec, but note that 64-bit systems aren't supported by that codec.

Wait, didn't Microsoft just release a Camera Codec Pack that works with CR2 files in a 64bit OS?

That's great news. Thanks again.

How embarassing.. I'm a Microsoft employee that didn't think to look on the Microsoft downloads page.[:^)]
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers