Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What kind of Apps do you use when shooting outdoor ?

Re: What kind of Apps do you use when shooting outdoor ?

To anyone still following this thread, I ran across an android app that I thought might be useful to some---Itsa DSLR controller and you can check it out ]here. Looksvery useful to me, but you have to have the right phone, unfortunately I do not. If you decide your interested, look at the website before you buy. your phone has to meet some requirements that only the newest high phones are likely to have. Things like USB host Controller, dual core processors, Android 2.3.3 etc.

on several occasions I have found myself needing something like this where a laptop was just too bulky or inconvenient.

Bob
    Bob

Hi Bob,

Could you zend the link again please ?

Thnx

Ger

Darkness- sunrise and moonrise times; local times in multiple cities/locations. helpful on a southwest roadtrip as certain areas of Arizona are different.

Focalware- shows sun path in sky and where sunset will be. same for moon.

these are of course designed with landscape photography in mind. Enjoy. -Erno

Belger,Not sure which one you are talking about. I am really impressed with Three of them:

This one is a DSLR controller, but I can't run it on my phone because it's not campatable, but looks really handy and useful: DSLR Controller

and here is one that I do use and really like for judging light angles from sun and moon: Sun Surveyer

And one more that I really like for depth of field calculations etc: Photo Tools

Hope this helps,

Bob
    Bob

Hi Bob,

thnx, Sun Surveyer is really great ! I had this already installed.

The DSLR controller looks great, but I would like to test it first before buying it.

I recently installed EOS Utility to my netbook, for remote capture, works also great but I found that it had not that many features. I was expecting that you could also programm the camera ( for example, Interval, timer, etcetc ) But this is not possible.

Again thnx

Ger