Thread: A nice little achievement.

A nice little achievement.

I entered some photos in a recent competition. The city in which I live, Bunbury, has conjoined with a sister city in Japan, Setagaya, and hosted a biannual photo competition. The competition was to present images that speak about what makes Bunbury special to you. As a contestant I was invited to the Award night which was held last night. On display were the top fifteen images as well as the winning images from the competition when it was last held in Japan. I was privileged enough to have secured 3 of the fifteen finals and when the winners were announced I was excited to find that I had won 2nd and 3rd place. Nice!

Here are the images in rank order. If I can locate the winning image online I'll add that too. The winning image was clearly the winning image and I hope I get a chance to show it to you.

The first image was the lookout tower for the city. I wasn't very impressed with the images I got while standing on the tower but on the way down the stairs I looked back up and snapped this shot. I've lost count of how many times my best shot of the day has been the one where I just happen to look back over my shoulder. Does that ever happen to you too? The next image was one that I spotted outside my son's scout hall one night when I dropped him off. I took the camera with me the next week! Finally this last one is my city, or most of it. Taken during the golden hour of the morning. It was the only 'Planned' shot and the only one taken from a tripod.

These images will be sent to Japan for exhibition after a couple of months of exhibition in Australia, then kept on permanent record in the cit of Setagaya.

Re: A nice little achievement.

Congrats, William, on three nice photos. I like them all, but the middle is my favorite. I think you hit it perfectly, and I

Congrats, William! Great images, and well-deserved recognition.

Hey William...I know you and I go back in forth over photos!! But....I have definitely gone in reverse...really, really fast after seeing these photos!! I have something to aspire to now!! Absolutely fantastic shots...my congratulations!

Gregg

These photos are awesome ...congrats!! Hard choice but I would have to say the middle one is my favorite also!

Denise

Thanks everybody. We all put a lot of effort into our hobby (job for some) and like any learning curve things don

Well done William. It
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Yes good on you William, nice shots, I too like the compostion of the second image.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur