I received the Rokinon yesterday from Amazon, via UPS(heh,heh...), and did some initial shooting with it. First impressions are pretty high, and I really like the lens so far. It is MUCH smaller than either the 85 1.2Lll, or my Zeiss 35 1.4(can you say boulder!!)...and is really easy to carry around attached to my 1D4. The focus ring is nicely damped and turns very smoothly. And like the Rokinon 35 1.4 I recently had, this lens rocks! And for the price, it rocks to the third degree!! No kidding! $271 from Amazon...an absolute steal. I don't have another 85mm to compare to at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I will be keeping it.

Very sharp wide open, and gets a little better stopped down. I think that stopped down, the comparable Zeiss, and Canon, and maybe even the Sigma might be a tad sharper, but I bought this lens to use at f1.4-f4, and in that respect, it really performs, IMHO. And the bokeh is very, very creamy, I might add...

Link to some first photos..some PP'd, others none at all...you can tell which are which..

https://picasaweb.google.com/112876940890442133557/Rokinon8514?authuser=0&feat=directlink

Please check it out...and I will be adding more, soon..

Gregg