Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first post - presenting myself!

My first post - presenting myself!

Hi guys, I just registered here in the forum, was searching about to see if there was any "presentation" section, didn't find any, so heres my lil one!

I'm Joao Pedro, from Portugal, Madeira Island to be more specific.

I always enjoyed photography, but never actually considered buying a SLR camera until last x-mas when I put hands on a friend's Canon 1000D, and that was it.

I spent the first half of 2011 wondering and browsing for cameras, and when I thought I had made my decision, I kept on comparing cameras and reviews across the net etc. My first choice was a Canon 550D to be honest, I thought (and still do) it had everything an amateur photographer can wish for (u know... Full HD Filming for fun, a great resolution, 3.5fps sounded impressive, compatibility with lenses, lightweight, a good price/value ratio, etc)

But then I saw the 60D, and that did it! Has everything has the 550D and more!!! And It sounded more like a long term investment then the 550D. Not saying that I wouldn't appreciate the 550D, but I would probably be upgrading much sooner then with the 60D (dunno)

So I went on and bought my first DSLR last month, a Canon 60D and it came with a 17-85 USM Lens, and I must say I am amazed by this camera, and everyday it just keeps surprising me.

I'v read the manual, and now I'm reading an ebook which is camera specific (Canon EOS 60D From Snapshots to Great Shots by Nicole S. Young) Must say I'm learning everyday, and I'm like a child that just got a new toy. I take my camera EVERYWHERE! Literally... lol

Anyways, I must say I find this website very useful and I take my hat off for its webmaster! I found it when looking for reviews on lenses even before I bought my camera, but only now I realise it has a forum :P

So here I am, will be posting and sharing my experiences with you guys, hope to (and know I will) learn loads with you!!!

Take care peeps!

Joao Soares, from Madeira :P

Re: My first post - presenting myself!

Glad to have you Joao!

Nice to meet you Joao. I for one can relate to your entry into the SLR world. You're right, this is a good forum, you'll fit in well and look forward to seeing some of what you have been shooting! Bring it on....

Welcome to the forum.

Madeira Island! I
    Mark

Welcome aboard!

Welcome, I think you find this forum extremly helpful!

I actually have some friends from portagul, they are very friendly colorful people!

John from Romania,

Cheers.

Welcome to the forum.

thanks very much to all of you!!!

I will start posting my pics, at least my favourite ones, asap!

I was just wondering, which websites are you guys using to upload and create (if you do) albums etc.?

Which one(s) do you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome Joao, I look forward to seeing some of your work.

A lot of us here use Flickr.com to upload our work, it allows you to link directly to the photo from flickr when posting here so you don
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Thanks Ben, I just registered in Flickr and uploaded some of my favorite photos.

But first I must say, after checking some of the photos that have been uploaded by many members of this forum, I feel a bit intimidated by such astonishing work I