Thread: Buying a backup camera....

Buying a backup camera....

Hi All!

i

Re: Buying a backup camera....

What exactly are you looking for in a "backup?" Neither option allows you to take advantage of your nice lens lineup, so an X1 wouldn

I agree with thekingb. Get a 7D and let the 40D be your backup camera. I am looking into a 50D as my primary body (for cost reasons) so I can retire my 40D to backup duty. I

I would stick with a Canon for my back up so that you you have to fumble through different menu when you switch back and forth.

I would also highly recommend a full frame as a primary and the 40 as you back up.

The full frame will do more to increase your lens spectrum then a new piece of glass.

All of your advices are very helpful. Now it

What are you taking pictures of mostly? If it
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

7D is an amazing camera. There has only been speculation about it being replaced next year. Still "safe" to buy that one. 5D replacement seems to be just around the corner, but there are reports of the mkII price dropping all over the web right now. Still may be worth it. 5D mkII was good enough for just about everyone 6 months ago, I
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers