Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Call to All Forum Members

Call to All Forum Members

With the wealth of talent and knowledge out there, I recently suggested to Bryan (our webmaster and provider of this great service--The Digital Picture) that he add a link to photographic tips and techniques by the forum members, similar to what he has included under "Tips" on the home page. He seemed to agree and ask that I assist and compile this info for easy upload to the site. I gladly accepted.

I know many of you have provided tips, techniques and recipes for your methods of capturing and processing great photographs, packing for a photo shoot or essential equipment for any particular photographic genre, etc. I thought it would be handy to be able to reference these tips without having to remember where and when they were posted.

I have seen many of you post great tips and techniques and am asking that anyone willing to submit thier photographic methods, submit them to me via PM. Again, this could include methods for a particular type of subject, post processing, rules for equipment etc---virtually anything that could help another photographer in their quest.

Joel, you are the first one that comes to mind and I am going to pick on you and ask that you submit your Photoshop recipe for isolating your subject and your techniques for shooting songbirds.---I have learned so much from you--I am sure others would love to know your processes and techniques.

Ben Taylor, Your night sky photos are wonderful please feel free to formalize and submit your recipe success.

Sean, You seem to be the Strobist of the group, please share some of your secrets.

There are so many others out there that have something useful to offer----Please do so, even if your techniques conflict with the norm--ultimately, it
    Bob

Re: Call to All Forum Members

Bob , I would like to know how to to take better picture of HB with and without flash from you. remember those water drop?, maybe that one too.

good idea!

Bob-

It might be simpler to create an index of informative posts that link back to their specific discussion threads. I mean, if the info is already in the system, why not just link to it?

Wouldn
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Come to think about it, is there a way to link directly to a comment post?

I can just get to the page it was on and not the specific comment.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

OK I
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

I like the idea and I am honored to be asked to contribute.

It will take me a week or so to put something together.

Good idea, it would be handy.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

All, Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I haven't been getting any responses in my mail box, so I thought no one was interested---Stupid me, I failed to select "email subscribe"---Anyway, thanks for the responses.

@JJ, I am not to good with "natural light" on hummingbirds, but I have learned alot since working with flashes and would be glad to put a small article together. Regarding the water drops---well that was a one weekend endeavor, But I will try and recall ( I too am old) how I shot those drops. Perhaps my exif info will help jog my memory.

@Sean, Your right about the ease of simply linking to the original discussions, and that might be an option for those seeking additional info, but many of our strings are often sidetracked into to other discussions so I am trying to avoid some of that for the sake of the tutorials. However we could link to them under something like "additional discussion" or something like that.

@Raid, Since my email is already public, please feel free to use this: ]r.williams270@comcast.net for any submissions

@Joel, Thanks

@All, Here is what Bryan has requested in regards to submissions for this endeavor.

"Probably simplest would be to send each edited and sell-checked page in an email using standard paragraph breaks. Attach images with proper copyrights in place and Include tags in the text to indicate where the images should go. I’ll copy and paste the content into my standard layout and include the images. It is helpful for me to have product links to the site’s various affiliates where it makes sense - for financing the site of course. I can give you the affiliate link formulas or drop them in myself. I’m definitely open to ideas. Let me know any other thoughts you have."

So, this discussion is a great start, lets keep it rolling----

Bob

Bob