Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOS Rebel T3

EOS Rebel T3

<html />

Re: EOS Rebel T3

Hello all, I have been looking to purchase a DSLR camera and cant seem to make a decision regarding what i should get... I have read many reviews, and while I can only make some sense of them all, I have been focusing mostly on the Rebel T3. I have many remaining questions though, and would like to start things off with a few...

How does anyone, not taking video into account, decide between the Nikon d3100 and the Canon Rebel T3?

Although lenses can make quite the difference regarding this kind of thing, what downfalls does the T3 have in shooting low light and macro?

Should i spring for the T2i? It looks great, but I am having trouble deciding with so much being said good about both!

Any helpful comments, suggestions, links or guidance is greatly appreciated!

For some reason my initial post was not displaying any text.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangejuice

How does anyone, not taking video into account, decide between the Nikon d3100 and the Canon Rebel T3?

Good question. There are so many factors that go into making the best choice that "analysis paralysis" can become a real problem. I don't think I am really able to help much in that regard, because what's important to me is probably not important to you. One way to make things real simple is just to buy whatever is cheaper. But don't forget to factor in the price of lenses, flashes,accessories, etc. Personally, I would go with the d3100.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangejuice
    Should i spring for the T2i? It looks great, but I am having trouble deciding with so much being said good about both!

I think the modest cost premium of the T3i is more than worth it for the improved features.

Sorry I can't be more help. Hopefully the other forum members will have more to say.

Personally I don
    Digital.. Canon EOS 40D | Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4​L​ USM | Canon SpeedLite 580EX II
    Film..... Canon EOS 650 | Canon EF 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5 | Canon SpeedLite 430EX II

If you ever plan to use the video features, get the T2i over the T1i. The T1i is fully automatic. No ISO control, no aperture control, no shutter speed control. It also only does 1080p at 20Hz. It is, as far as I know, the only Canon video-enabled DSLR that is crippled for video. I
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Browning
    I think the modest cost premium of the T3i is more than worth it for the improved features.

Oops. I forgot that there was both a T3 and a T3i. Sorry for the confusion. []

Thanks for all of the responses!

I will rarely, if ever use the video feature so that is not so important for me... however a fully automatic camera does not sound like my cup of tea. So i will probably not go for the T1i.

@ David The T3 does have video but only to 720p @ 30 frames a second.

Well i will not likely go for the T3i due to the proximity in price to the D5100, and with all of the reviews going with the D5100, it seems much more appealing to me with regards to features, color depth, image quality, dynamic range and ISO.

So, i guess right now its between the Rebel T3, D3100 and D5100. As a first time DSLR buyer looking for a long term camera (so i can focus more on lenses instead of entirely new cameras) would you recommend going for the D5100 or for a D3100 or T3?

The T1i is not fully automatic for stills, quite the contrary... I have a T1i and its a great body. The only features I wish it had are ones found on the 50D.

First of all, I would not recommend a Nikon. I
    Digital.. Canon EOS 40D | Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4​L​ USM | Canon SpeedLite 580EX II
    Film..... Canon EOS 650 | Canon EF 35-70mm f/3.5-4.5 | Canon SpeedLite 430EX II

Quote Originally Posted by mmodica
    I have to dig through menus just to change the ISO on my friend's D3100.

You can assign the custom function button to be ISO. Too bad Canon doesn't have a feature like that. I would love to replace the silly "direct print" button.

As mmodica pointed out, and I
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L