Thread: Hurricane Irene has passed us.....

Hurricane Irene has passed us.....

......actually by the time she reached Massachusetts, she had been downgraded to a tropical storm.

The good news is, in my area, we have had minimal damage and flooding. I just hope her impact on the rest of New England will be minimal also.

Some more good news....I took in all my feeders yesterday in preparation for the storm. I re-hung the HB feeders w/fresh sweetwater about a 45 minutes ago and not 10 minutes later the HBs were back feeding....nice.

Neuro, Kayaker, TKerr....I hope all is well w/you guys and anybody else that was in the path of this storm.

Bill

Re: Hurricane Irene has passed us.....

All fine here, thanks Bill. Glad you

The biggest problem I have is that I've had two HB feeders out all summer and have only seen a HB once[:P]

I was without power for about 4 hours, but it is back on now. Glad to hear all is well with you and John.

Irene's wallop seems to have been spent on those south and maybe west of us. My in-laws are in Rhode Island and are still without power.

Stay safe, everyone. Hopefully you will never see in your lifetimes a real hurricane like the ones we get on the Gulf Coast. Having lived through both Ivan and Katrina, I wouldn

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/6354.Beached-Boats-8_2D00_28_2D00_11.JPG[/img]

It seems like the trees took the worst of it here (about halfway between Neuro and Kayaker). Although a few boats got a good ride.

Brett
    Brett

Almost Forgot. Glad to hear you all fine[:P]
    Brett

I have to say, after looking at these pictures, I am feeling pretty fortunate:

www.flickr.com/.../1764222@N21

Quote Originally Posted by Bill W

......actually by the time she reached Massachusetts, she had been downgraded to a tropical storm.

The good news is, in my area, we have had minimal damage and flooding. I just hope her impact on the rest of New England will be minimal also.

Some more good news....I took in all my feeders yesterday in preparation for the storm. I re-hung the HB feeders w/fresh sweetwater about a 45 minutes ago and not 10 minutes later the HBs were back feeding....nice.

Neuro, Kayaker, TKerr....I hope all is well w/you guys and anybody else that was in the path of this storm.

Bill

I came through it pretty much unscathed. I was prepared with the windows all boarded up and all the lawn furniture bird feeders and all put up or tied down.
    Got one tree down, another large tree limb that went between the house and my shed and my large beautiful Mimosa that provides shade over my front porch and that I hang many of my bird feeders in is leaning pulling the roots up; that will have to come down. Other than that the woods next to my house is getting thinner and I have a bunch of little branches and other debris to clean up. We were without power from 4am Saturday to about 9am yesterday morning. We were pretty lucky here.

I tried to go check out the nature trial I hike frequently where I've also been monitoring a pair of Osprey the last few years. But there seems to be a new gate across the road to access the nature trail and recreation area

.[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/1373.IreneAfter_2D00_05.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/4162.IreneAfter_2D00_06.jpg[/img]

Now it's time to keep an eye on the next system building up strength out in the Atlantic possibly headed this direction also.