Thread: Automating multiple shots with 7D

Automating multiple shots with 7D

Have a strange question and don't know how to put it. I am going to be taking a rather large family generation picture with me included in the picture. The camera is going to be set up in a high location and I am not sure that my remote is going to work to trigger it from a distance outside. Is there anyway I can set the time as the 10 second timer and then have the camera take lets say a burst of 10 photos???

I don't know if I can climb down the ladder and get in the picture in the 10 seconds allotted in the original timer that is why I am asking about it taking multiple pictures. I have lost the manual to the camera and can't look that part up. I am going to be taking it this weekend on Saturday, so any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jayson

Re: Automating multiple shots with 7D

I

Maybe you could set it up to bracket and get three shots, maybe not. I have a remote to fire wireless that canon makes. It was to expensive for what it does and it is not reliable.

Daniel's advice should get you where you want to go.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/slr_cameras/eos_7d#BrochuresAndManualsThis might help you out with future problems, since you do not have the manual. You can go to canon's website and view it online, download it or print it off.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk
    Maybe you could set it up to bracket and get three shots, maybe not

Yep, that works. I use it a lot when I also want to include myself in the photo. Just expose for the shot, use the bracketing + and - 1/3 and you'll be fine [Y]

Daniels advice is also quite good. I also have that remote(ebay knock off and it's great, use it mostly for time-lapses), but if you don't... the method of bracketing works great as well. Perhaps you could even try bracketing in tv-mode, so your exposure will be the same in the three shots.

Good luck!

I haven

Can I state the obvious and ask: have you tried your remote? I

Yes, you may state the obvious. I have not attempted this shot with my remote, but I am shooting outside and have had trouble shooting with my remote in the past. I have the rc-1 remote, no RF remote at this time. It works very well inside however.

Get yourself some Yongnuo radio triggers. They
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30