Thread: Does anyone use this flash by Yongnuo?

Does anyone use this flash by Yongnuo?

<h1 class="parseasinTitle"]<span id="btAsinTitle"]YN-560 Speedlight Flash for Canon</h1>

Re: Does anyone use this flash by Yongnuo?

I own one, but I can

I also have one and find it's performance a little frustrating at times. It often "double triggers" when using it off camera with radio triggers, especially when the power is dialed down. Seems ok for me on-camera though, however I always use the Canon 580exII if ever I have a flash on camera.

I haven't had the same power issues as Sean. They're a pretty good price though if you're just wanting a cheap spare, but I probably wouldn't rely on it as my primary.

Ben
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

@Sean - I've had the same thing happen to me occasionally. I would hold the power button (typically for about 2 seconds) and it would start to go on, but die. I found that holding the power botton longer (4 sec or so) it starts up just fine.

Apart from the test button from working, it has worked perfectly for me thus far. I use it with the Cactus V5 trigger and has been very reliable. The optical trigger is fine for any indoor use. Plus it has the benefit of having the same head dimensions as the Canon 580EXII so attaching small light modifiers are a breeze. Not counting my studio lights, it's usually the first flash that I reach for (I use all manual).

The photo below was using 2x Vivitar285HV, AB800, and YN560. The key light from above on the subject is from a YN560 off of a reflector []

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/427x640/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/24/6013.5635960442_5F00_61cf470967_5F00_z.jpg[/img]

Did you just sneak in a plug for your website? Awesome pics by the way.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Nice pic Takahiro!!

Oh....and I don

Hi, I have one of those and I

@andnowimbroke - Thanks! and yeah i pulled the photo from my flickr archive so the entire set already had the watermarks embedded in them []

@CLS - I've never had problems with color temperature when using it along side the Vivitar285HV, but it's definitely relatively blue when using it along side my AB800 studio lights. But I guess this isn't a problem strictly for the Yongnuo, but just using speedlights with studio strobes in general.