Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Assignment 24: Light - Congrats Adrian Mandea!

Re: Assignment 24: It's all about the Light

Dramatic storm

5D mark II, 24 mm, ISO400, F/8, 1/250

Those clouds look MASSIVE.
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

This is the first (and only) picture I ever sold. The buyer told me I had to name it. Well, since it was my first sale (and hopefully someday not my last) and my middle name is Dawn, I named it ....

"The Beginning of a New Dawn"

Denise----That's cheating[]
    Bob

[A]

OK, Here is mine from a few weeks ago:

Bob

Beautiful shot, Bob!

Yesterday, I dragged my daughter out of bed at 5 a.m. (she normally sleeps until noon) to go down by the lake with her favorite dog so I could get a silhouette of them walking on the beach to submit for this assignment. We got all the way down there but the sunrise was a no show due to the thick clouds Sure glad she loves me as much as she does!!

Was playing around after dreaming this scenario the night before. Wanted to find a high spot between intersecting highways and bridges but Little Rock is so boring and this was the best I could come up with. This friday or sat I should be able to capture the better image downtown. In this scene the light was changing so fast that by the time I swung around a full revolution with my long exposure the beginning and end point light was drastically different. Even after doing this process close to 800 times I still have room to learn. The main goal was to catch light trails from the traffic but I think my 30 sec exposure was to long.

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ highway light trails by freelanceshots, on Flickr:550:0]

[View:http://www.freelanceshots.com/highway_lights_VR/highway_lights_VR_out.swf:600:600]

Alright more about the light, still can't seem to get enough cars to go down all the roads to get the flow of their lights. Super busy at 6 and 7pm buts thats not the right time for this shot/shots. Six shots this time. I'm done posting after this one.

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ downtown Little Rock by freelanceshots, on Flickr:550:0]

I was standing and balancing on this guard rail at the bottom which was way up in the air where my tripod was positioned on a 2' x 1.5' concrete block. I almost fell a few times plus it was not where people usually go where I got many surprised looks from drivers plus two police cars. I figured I'd get asked to come down from the highway and explain myself but they let me be.

[View:http://www.freelanceshots.com/Downtown_Highway_VR/downtown_vr_out.swf:600:600]

This is a great topic....and brilliant pictures everyone.

I have some ideas I hope to be able to try out...but for now, here are a few more:

My entry: Canon 7D, EFS 15-85 @ 17 mm, 1/5 sec, f/5, ISO 250

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/3302.Walk-IMG_5F00_2645.JPG[/img]

Non-entries:

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/4846.Walk-IMG_5F00_2652.JPG[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/0160.walk-IMG_5F00_2664.JPG[/img]

Here is my entry: Sunrise from Mt Marcy, NY on July 17