Thread: Assignment 24: Light - Congrats Adrian Mandea!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Assignment 24: It's all about the Light

Gah. Perfect topic for me. Not.

Not that I don
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

More lights. More night shots. Friends' bands with cool spotlighting effects. Even the roof of Hong Kong Airport gives good lighting effects from the right angle (and with the right amount of jetlag and sleep-deprivation).

If I don't upload something i'll go insane from searching.

My initial first thought when I saw the topic was the photo I took of xmas lights in Den Haag last year, if you look at the photos of my new computer I posted it's actually the desktop background in the shot. But then I saw this one nearby, and thought 'what the hell', let's bring something completely surreal and abstract to this assignment.

So I give you my dancing tree-lights, 7D, Lensbaby Muse with Double-Glass Optic.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/900x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/4617.IMG_5F00_3922s900x600.JPG[/img]

(to be honest, I'm not sure which was is meant to be 'up' in this shot. I like it this way though. And it's now my new desktop background too)
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/2746.IMG_5F00_5889.jpg[/img]

i still dont know how to post without quoting the person on top so here it goes

Wow...Great pictures already.......a few from yesterday:

<span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]Entry (for now) 7D, 15-85 @15 mm, 1/400, f/22, ISO 100

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/0435.IMG_5F00_4578Light.JPG[/img]

For fun: 16 mm, 1/500, f/22, ISO 100

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/7853.IMG_5F00_4596Light.JPG[/img]

Adrian, that

Bah! I wish I had something new to show you guys. This one fits the bill better than any others I have. Sorry for the unoriginal post, and thanks again for all the comments in the other thread.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1000x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/3757.IMG_5F00_9856.jpg[/img]

<span>Camera: Canon EOS 7D
    Lens: EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS

ISO: 640
    Exposure: 30 sec.
    f-stop: 2.8
    Length: 17mm
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Adrian has my vote. Great capture!
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Adrian, that is a "wonderful shot"[Y][Y][Y]---I can't think of anything else to say but WoW---you nailed that one-----Looks like you figured out how to upload.

Nice Job,

Bob
    Bob