This assignment is what photography is all about: Light. In this assignment lighting or lights are the stars and that's what we like to see.

Update: Great input everyone! Brian (bgood) has selected his five finalists for this topic. The finalists are:
<h2>Update 2: Congratulation Adrian Mandea!! Great shot!
</h2>

Adrian Mandea

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/2746.IMG_5F00_5889.jpg[/img]

Motivation: The color of the light in this one turns an everyday photo into one that is full of emotion and depth.

Rocco

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/1000x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/3757.IMG_5F00_9856.jpg[/img]

Motivation: This is a marvelous capture of the colors of light that the storm produced as well as the starlit sky above. Right place, right time, right photo.

ddt0725

Motivation: The color of the sunset is the star, but the geese provide the context to push it above any of the other sunsets

Kayaker72

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/3302.Walk-IMG_5F00_2645.JPG[/img]

Motivation: The light in this one completely creates the emotion for me. It's an interesting picture without the spotlight, but with it I feel like I am stepping into search scene in a cops and robbers movie.

Erno James

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/640x427/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/26/6305.lbrd.jpg[/img]

Motivation: I love how the tail lights add energy and movement to the shot. While not the subject of this contest, it is a great example of leading lines that take my eye into the photo and keep it there.

Again congratulations to all finalists! The poll will be open for 3 days!