Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: My Entire Canon Lineup

Re: FS: My Entire Canon Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters

Don't worry, Rodger, you're not the first to fall for a [url="http://youtu.be/H_H8TOKcfjg?hd=1]Nikon girl[/url]...
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Nice Sean![H] I had to forward that to my buddy that shoots Nikon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozimax

"If you have sensitive ears and own a 5D mk II, turn away.... I just wasn't thrilled about the 5D MKII. I shot around with friend's 5D mkII and another friend's D700 and that made the choice for me. "

Funny Rodger, but Cantrell, Ghionis et al, all swear by their 5dii bodies. :-)

Oh it's a great camera! Don't get me wrong. It's just not the one for me haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodger

Quote Originally Posted by Ozimax

"If you have sensitive ears and own a 5D mk II, turn away.... I just wasn't thrilled about the 5D MKII. I shot around with friend's 5D mkII and another friend's D700 and that made the choice for me. "

Funny Rodger, but Cantrell, Ghionis et al, all swear by their 5dii bodies. :-)

Oh it's a great camera! Don't get me wrong. It's just not the one for me haha.

Well Ozimax, I have a 5D mark II and I'm very happy with it, but I just looked at the specs of the D700 and honestly it has some features that are very very interesting. It's just the pop-up flash that keeps me from converting to Nikon []

Some things I remember that are nice:

- Better AF system with more AF points

- Faster shutterlag, comparable to the 1D-series of Canon and D3 series of Nikon I think

- 5 frames per second and even 8 fps if you add a batterygrip

- up to 7 frames with bracketing, which would be amazing for HDR(better than just the 3 shots for the 5D2)

Just some things that are very very awesome. In my eyes it's pretty much a 1Ds series camera in a smaller and cheaper body with a few less megapixels and without video. Since I don't use video a lot on the 5D, that big feature doesn't really mean much to me. And if I were to start all over again, I think the Nikon D700 specs would interest me more than the 5D mark II specs. Good choice Rodger[Y] Have fun with it! And good luck selling the rest of your Canon gear.

Update: the 50mm is gone.

Thanks for looking!