Thread: Looks like Bryan made a successful transition to the new service--What have you discovered?

Looks like Bryan made a successful transition to the new service--What have you discovered?

This morning I noticed the website not responding. Since my return, I noticed the menus at the top looked different and that there was this"Powered by Telligent" at the bottom of the page. I am assuming Bryan has managed to make the transition to his new service provider---and wow, it's much faster and seems to be getting along with IE9. I also noticed a small "customize" icon at the top right of the page---looks like some nice features have been added, but I haven't played with them yet. The only thing I seem to be missing is the emoticons, but that may be coming. Anyway, so far I am impressed with the seemless transition and really like the responsiveness of this new site---What have you noticed???

Nice Job Bryan---and Thanks

Bob
    Bob

Re: Looks like Bryan made a successful transition to the new service--What have you discovered?

Sorry, Bob, but I'm not so sure. Telligent was the previous provider, and Bryan mentioned switching to vBulletin. Although the header is 'different', broken may be more apt, as those links should be in a horizontal bar, and it's unlikely he'd want a big white space in the header. The emoticons are missing, as I recall after the last refresh of the 'old' system the emoticons went missing, too. Note that the search feature is still broken, too (until someone commented, and Bryan re-enabled them).

Safari shows a website icon in the address bar (e.g. for google it shows ), and the sideways blue chevrons that are the Telligent icon in the Powered by... logo have been the website icon for these forums for months.

FWIW, this site looks almost exacly like it did before, and not much like a vBulletin site (e.g. POTN is a vBulletin site).

So, I think the change hasn't happened yet, and that Telligent changed something (yet again) and it broke some elements of the forums (yet again). That sort of thing has been pretty common with Telligent, and is one big reason for the proposed switch.

Re: Looks like Bryan made a successful transition to the new service--What have you discovered?

John, Guess I jumped the gun----Wishful Thinking--I just never noticed the the "telligent" at the bottom or the "customize" at the top. Shows how observant I am. Thanks for the correction---Now I am embarrased and it is so deserved

Thanks for the correction

Bob
    Bob

Bob - I wish that you were right. Unfortunately, it appears that I have some work to do to the old site. I