Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ultra Wide Angle lens recommendation for Canon T3i

Re: Ultra Wide Angle lens recommendation for Canon T3i

I'd most likely trust the Canon and go with that. Canon always has better resale value which I think speaks for itself. Its like buying a toyota or honda car, it costs more up front but in the end it will pay you back. I'm thinking 10mm is about as wide as you would want to go with a rectilinear lens unless it for video use. Canon matched up to a canon just always works better.

My main bread and butter lens is my 16-35IImm lens on the 5D2 and then my beloved 100mm IS macro which sees more non macro work. My soul would dry up and blow away if I didn't have my wide angle lens. I like to jump into the action and get into everyone's business.

Canon 10-22mm without a doubt. I had it for my 40D and I absolutely loved it. Optically excellent, colour and contrast is exceptional. Don
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

An ultra-wide angle lens isn't necessarily best suited for my type of work (primarily portraiture), but it's still a great tool when space is limited:

Or else you want to exaggerate a part of the scene with the natural distortion the lens produces at 10mm:

I own the Tokina 11-16 2.8 and have found it excellent. Fixed 2.8 aperture is a big plus for me.

I'd suggest the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 (I used to own it and LOVED it) or the Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 which is fairly new and supposedly very nice!
    Here is my super-wide angle gallery: http://freshphoto.zenfolio.com/superwideangle