Thread: Which Photo Organizer do you Use

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Which Photo Organizer do you Use

<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span lang="EN-US" style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]I have for many years used Photoshop Elements. The main reason I started buying this package was that it had a good photo editor and organizer (Edit Versions, Photo Stacks, Tags, EXIF and Mapping) all built in. This is somethinga Nerd like me must have, I mustkeep things organized.<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span lang="EN-US" style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]PSE 9 has a problem stuffing up Camera Raw shot time. It now looks like the solution to the problem is to buy an upgrade to PSE10 (can anybody else see a similarity with Microsoft).<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span lang="EN-US" style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]Last year before Adobe introduced the shot time bug, I was thinking of moving to Lightroom. As this package is said to have a better organizer, that Adobe does support, and keep PSE just for editing. I checked with the forums and have been informed that LR will not import all data from PSE organizer. I have also found out the LR has the same import time bug, provide by Adobe a few months earlier, no doubt it too will be fixed in the next release, if you are happy to pay for an upgrade.<o></o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span lang="EN-US" style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US;"]<o><span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: small;"]</o>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;"]<span lang="EN-US" style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]I have had enough of Adobe not supporting its products, so w<span lang="EN-US" style="mso-ansi-language: EN-US;"]<span style="font-size: small;"]<span style="font-family: Calibri;"]hat I need to know is what other photo editor &amp; organizers are available. <o></o>
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

Re: Which Photo Organizer do you Use

I use Apple Aperture 3 for library management (and DxO for RAW conversions, CS5 for editing).

What do you mean by "<span style="font-family: Calibri; font-size: x-small;"]stuffing up Camera Raw shot time"?
    Mark

I haven't ran into any problems using LR + CS5 for editing. Do I mis something?

+1 Jan Paalman
    Canon 450D Gripped, Canon 24-105 f/4L, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM II, Sigma 10-20 EX f/4-5.6, Canon S95

“There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” -Ansel Adams

I use Apple Aperture 3 and I'm pretty happy with it, but I've seen it get locked (frozen) up too. I'm not sure if you're using Apple or Microsoft?

I also have LR3 and I like it as well. I would think that LR3 would be a nice step-up from Adobe Photoshop elements. However, I'm not sure about the bug issue that you mentioned. I also like the lens sorting feature and watermark feature that LR3 offers.

They're both great and I wouldn't have any qualms about recommending either one. I think that LR3 has a little more flexibility.

All software can act up at one time or another, it just seems to be the nature of the beast.

Good Luck,

Rich