Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is price on the rise?

Is price on the rise?

Is price is on the rise for canon equipments?

Re: Is price on the rise?

feels like that... or maybe it's only because the rebate program is out and stores online and offline is correcting their price slowly back to it's "normal" state... how often does these rebate program come by? i wonder.

I think that it is, but not as much as it seems. As far as I know, manufacturers give new lenses high prices, but the price usually drops soon. An extreme example is the Sigma 150-500 OS, which sells for ~$1000 most places; it's MSRP is around $1400.

also being in retail business before, some manufactures make you sign a "minimum advertising price" and you can't sell below this price until the manufacture offers you promotion or special permission. and it seems like canon probably does the same judging from most of the sources are selling at a certain fixed price.(these fews days that I took note, after the rebate ended) during this economic down time, I'll probably wait.. it seems like canon's pretty active in releasing new lenses..

My expenses are on the rise.

Getting divorced to a stubborn parasite has severe consquences

Lens prices on the rise , just got back form singapore about to purchase EF200 F2 L in September 2008it was prices SGD7.7k (USD 5.1k) now its SGD 9.7k (USD 6.4k)[:'(]

Quote Originally Posted by SupraSonic

Lens prices on the rise , just got back form singapore about to purchase EF200 F2 L in September 2008it was prices SGD7.7k (USD 5.1k) now its SGD 9.7k (USD 6.4k)[:'(]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I guess it's a good thing that the 200 f/2, the 300 f/2.8, the 400 f/2.8, the 500 f/4, the 600 f/4, and the 800 f/5.6, were always out of my price range.

Makes me feel better about my 400 f/5.6 []

Not just those lenses even EF70-200 2.8 L IS and EF24-70mm L F2.8 increase by 20%.The dealer said it's because Japanese YEN is increasing...[8o|] Even we have the glimps of the price list i.e. S.R.P. &amp; the cost price from Canon Spore.

I heard a rumor recently that Canon prices on the 50D were going to drop very soon. Anyone else heard that? It seems to fly in the face of what others are saying here.

Mickey

price fall on the 50d makes sense, though. With digital bodies, it seems to be the pattern. It's more expensive when it first comes out, then gradually falls, until it's downright cheap compared to the original price, and then a new model come out, significantly more expensive...

New technology gets cheaper. It makes sense....