Thread: Cool flower from today

Cool flower from today

Went over to check my neighbors house today as their dog was going ballistic last night around 3 and 4 am and I was not sure if they where even around. Anyways while over there today I walked up on these wild flowers 3 or 4 and thought one of these would make for a unique capture. 5DII, 100mm IS macro, tripod, 580ex II, Canon off shoe flash cord, 0 crop.

[View:http://community.the-digital-picture...neric/utility/ unique flower by freelanceshots, on Flickr:550:0]

Re: Cool flower from today

Beautiful picture.
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Thanks for looking. With the wind blowing like it always seems to be when taking this kind of outdoor image it was a stretch. I was lucky to nail the lighting with my 580ex handheld, hit the shutter and handhold the background. I need three hands all the time. AV 20, TV 1/25, ISO 1000

You really captured this beautifully!

Nice one. I can't believe this is an outdoor photo. You make it look like a sharp studio-shot.

I don't really know how it came out as well as I think it did. I was expecting more wind blur but all 6 to 8 shots I attempted came out pretty good. I guess 1/25 shutter was just on that edge to be quick enough to stop the shaking and movement back and forth from the wind. I had my flash set to manual and at power 1/128. Just being able to take this insignificant, little photograph yesterday made my entire day better so I'm glad that I was able to make it work.