Thread: "Canon Pro Photographer Needs..."

"Canon Pro Photographer Needs..."

First of all regards to Canon for "Listening" our needs.

I am a full time pro photographer, and I use a lot of Canon and Apple equipment.

I use Canon 1VHS, Canon 5D, 15 fisheye, 16-35 II, 24-70, 70-200 2,8 L IS, 50, 85f1,2II 135f2 L 300 f2,8 IS...Flashes...

One Macbook Pro, Mac pro QC...

So, This Year, I am investing my hard earned money into a new gear (Tool)

1Ds III is on my top wanted list, but...

I would realy like to see 1Ds III N on market!!!

WHY?

1)<span style="font-weight: normal;"] 1Ds III in its class should implement an "improved" or new display like 5D II has.

2) Personally I must say I am used to selecable 45 points on my 1VHS &amp; 1Ds II,

so Canon... Why there's only 19 on 1 Ds III? In my personal opinion, this was not a progress,

regardless improved accuracy.

WHY? Because I am used to "think" before I "KLIK" the shutter! So "WE" need selectable 45 points.

3) Mpix "WAR" should stop immediatly because there is a HUGE market place for 16,7 Mpix cameras which should be moderatly priced. ( Canon 1Ds III N 16,7 Mpix with 920K display for about 5500 U$D ? )

This Should be all. And Canon...I Will Not by 5D II because of beter display. I am waiting a new Canon 1Ds III "N" "X" or else!

Re: "Canon Pro Photographer Needs..."

You should write to Canon. The more feedback they get from consumers the more they can choose to listen or not.

That said, your wait for an updated 1Ds camera may be a lot shorter than you think...

Quote Originally Posted by mzemljic

so Canon... Why there's only 19 on 1 Ds III? In my personal opinion, this was not a progress,
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>

What? I thought it had 45 points... am I wrong?

Hi Oren

Canon claims they made beter focusing sistem in "1 series" by removing all 45 selectable points and left just 19 of them.

There are 45 focus points in 1Ds III but only 19 of them are manualy selectable and crossed for more accurate focusing!?!

I worked last week with 1 Ds III and all I can say is that I missed all 45 selectable points since fine details could be lost by recomposing the frame!

Best Regards,

Yeah, that was my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mzemljic
    3) Mpix "WAR" should stop immediatly because there is a HUGE market place for 16,7 Mpix cameras which should be moderatly priced. ( Canon 1Ds III N 16,7 Mpix with 920K display for about 5500 U$D ? )

What's wrong with lots of megapixels? I can understand not wanting to *pay* for them. But how much cost is high megapixels adding to the camera? I'd don't claim to know, but I would guess not much (with the exception of the nikon d3x, and I suspect this has more to do with profit strategy than production cost).

the megapixel argument is weak. you're paying for that full-frame sensor, not quantity of megapixels.. anyways, if you need more than 19 AF points, you should learn to focus manually. i'd definitely like more than 9 (like in the 5dmkII), but when you're up to 45, it becomes a crutch.

I agree. At least I know what *I* am paying for. (19 af points is plenty for me, too, but not for everyone, apparently).

Some people *are* willing to pay for more megapixles. But it isn't clear to me that it is a bad thing to have more megapixles, even if you don't need them... unless of course, you don't need them *and* the high resolution is hurting the camera in some other way (like driving up the price). But I don't think it is.

I bought a 21 megapixel camera even though I don't need the
    megapixels. If the price was the same and the resolution was lower, I
    still would have wanted it.

(Besides, now I have a dream. One day I might take a picture worthy
    to be blown up to 24" by 36". Laugh if you want. It could happen.)

There seems to be something of a backlash against high resolution cameras. (Methinks that could be an entire thread in itself.)

Thank You all on Your opinions

You are All right...

I do not have problems with resolution...But my Canon "L's" begining to have

And If anyone knows how much lines "draws" Canon "L" lens You should be woried to with Mpix growth in a new cameras

For example I have been exploring the physics of some Lenses and compared them.

Dude... By a Hass-Zeiss adapter and put on the Hass-Zeiss Distagon CF 40 f4 on Your 1DS III, You will discover the whole new world around You.

So, I do not have problems with manual focusing either.

I sold my Hasselblad 500CM and Zeiss CF 40 80 &amp; 150 Lenses a few months ago.

So folks, Lets Go for 50 Mpix on 24x36 senzor! Why not!

But prepare Your hard earned money for a new Canon mk III lenses!

Once again Best Regards to All