Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sean's Recent Shoot: Panos Galore

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Your latest set is fantastic, Sean! She seems like she would be alot of fun to photograph, she appears to be really relaxed and comfortable in front of a camera!
    She is. She's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    I took it with my phone.
    ;-)
    Now there's a fun experiment to be had, after all that setting up and lights and modifiers and such, take the exact same shot with a few different cameras and lenses, like those throw-away kodak instant thingies and a camera-phone, post them all and see who *really* can tell the difference...

Something tells me Sean could take better photos with all those lights and skill using an instamatic, than I can with my 7D...
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos

Cool idea and (as usual) great execution. I must say that the “driver” really challenges the model for the place on the cover - that pose/expression/overall look would do well on a music magazine cover.

About the background - did you consider gluing them with the data side visible? As I recall it the data side of CDs can reflect colorful patterns, and maybe that could have added some color effects instead of the brand label. (By the way, I really like the 8 step background creation recipe; it takes a photographer/artist to solve that type of problem that way.)

Quote Originally Posted by cls View Post
    About the background - did you consider gluing them with the data side visible? As I recall it the data side of CDs can reflect colorful patterns, and maybe that could have added some color effects instead of the brand label. (By the way, I really like the 8 step background creation recipe; it takes a photographer/artist to solve that type of problem that way.)
    Honestly, no--at least not until Noelle and I were half way through gluing them down when she asked, "Is there some reason you decided to use the label side instead of the other side? The data side probably would have reflected the light in an interesting way..." I looked at her and said, "Nope, it never crossed my mind. When I saw the shot in my head, I saw the blank side. Now if you had said that before we started..."

After thinking about it for a while, though, I realized the label side was the better side to choose for this particular project. The label side gives the viewer a sense that those are indeed blank, writable disks while the other side would not have. I think having blank CDs behind the subject is more illustrative of the issues that continue to plague the music industry in the ever changing landscape of digital piracy.

Honestly to plague the music industry in the ever changing landscape of digital piracy.
    Honestly, that's what I was thinking about while Nurse Re-Ryhme was blowing bubbles-a plague of digital pirates rampaging across the changing landscape.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Not too long ago I was contacted by a guy who will be graduating from college this weekend. He said he wanted "...graduation pictures, but not like...normal ones." When questioned further, he basically said that he didn't really want the pictures to have a graduation theme (school, cap & gown, etc). He just wanted pictures made around the time he was graduating. That way, looking back, he could point to the pictures and say, "Yep, that's what I looked like when I was graduating from college."

He then went on to say that he wanted "...to look like a model. Could you do me a magazine cover like you've done for that Rapper series?" Well Jordan, yes I can...

Jordan Chitwood: QE Cover by budrowilson, on Flickr

Jordan Chitwood: Ready for Anything by budrowilson, on Flickr

Setup:

Jordan Chitwood Setup by budrowilson, on Flickr

Brilliant Sean. Great concept for this demographic.
    What does QE stand for?
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Sean, Your photographs and cover are amazing, as usual, But what I am really impressed with is the location and background building---its genius. Was that your choice or his???

Bob
    Bob

I asked him to drive around town and pick out some possibe locations. This location was one of the ones he mentioned. It was indeed perfect, and coincidentally, a location I had passed dozens of times without noticing.

I asked him to drive around town and pick out some possibe locations. This location was one of the ones he mentioned. It was indeed perfect, and coincidentally, a location I had passed dozens of times without noticing.
    I also have to admit that my favorite shot of the three is the "set-up" shot. That in and of itself looks like it took a great deal of effort---Even the black in the umbrellas look perfectly exposed and then to get the subject, the building, the sky and the black street all well exposed just amazes me. Kudos for shot very well done.
    Bob