Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Sean's Recent Shoot: Panos Galore

Great stuff Sean, I think you have defeated the sun and made it your .....doesn't matter.
    Seriously, great skill and technical know how to produce the outdoor shots, beautiful model. I hope you are creating a market niche for yourself in this line of phoyography. And as the sun gets hotter and brighter I hope you can still find an angle to frame a shot of your model between all the light stands.
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U View Post
    Great stuff Sean, I think you have defeated the sun and made it your .....doesn't matter.
    Seriously, great skill and technical know how to produce the outdoor shots, beautiful model. I hope you are creating a market niche for yourself in this line of phoyography. And as the sun gets hotter and brighter I hope you can still find an angle to frame a shot of your model between all the light stands.
    If the light stands become a problem, I'll buy stronger lights and move the stands back a little. Where there's a will (or a stubborn reluctance to give in), there's a way. ;-)

Sadly, though, I don't market myself very well. I'm not booked nearly as often as I'd like to be.
    Last edited by Sean Setters; 06-26-2012 at 07:36 PM.

This shoot was originally intended to feature our historic train depot and the town's most recognizable landmark, the Cream City sign. Unfortunately, some of the lights in the sign are out. In fact, there's a benefit happening this weekend to raise money to repair the sign. So, with the sign in disrepair, we parked ourselves under the canopy of the train depot and used the buildings across the street as a backdrop as well as the walls of the depot itself. One reason for shooting within spitting distance of the canopy was because of the slight chance of rain that evening.

Although I don't have a lighting setup picture, the lighting setup remained relatively constant throughout the series. I used a Mola Demi beauty dish with stacked Opal and P.A.D. diffusers for the mainlight camera left, and a Canon 580EX diffused through an umbrella for the fill light camera right. For the shots with the red wall behind the subject, I used an additional shoe-mount flash to add some light to the background.

Canon 5D Mark II
    28-70mm f/2.8 L

...I missed these....great series Sean. I like each one for different reasons. You captured a great range of expressions.

;-)

Brillant! Thanks for sharing.

Was there a building in those photos???
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Sean

If I may ask a technical question; from somebody without any talent. The red brick walls (last two shots) as a backdrop, seem (to my eye) to detract from the subject. The skin tones and pale red bricks seem to make the subject look a bit flat?

Are there any rules for backdrops and skin tones?
    Canon EOS 7D, EF-S 10-22, EF 24-105L, EF 50 f1.2L, EF 70-300L, 430EX.

"Criticism is something you can easily avoid, by saying nothing, doing nothing and being nothing." -
    Tara Moss

If there are rules, I'm unaware of them (that's not to say there aren't any). In this particular instance, however, the wall was close and the shoot was wrapping up. I used it because it convenient, not necessarily because of its color.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

That's not Google's 16gb version is it Sean?
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.