Thread: EOS 1D X announced!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: EOS 1D X announced!

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass
    What weight advatage do you mean?

I was refering to the new supertele's that are all lighter than the old version. I had thought that if a fast 1Ds IV came out I could always replace my 500mm with the new 600mm and not keep the 1D IV. The weight of the new600mm is almost identical to the old 500mm.

I don't see 18mp vs 21mp being a huge downgrade in resolution, both being FF I don't think most people doing13"x19" or lesswill notice a big differance.

But I do like to print 13 x 19, and you would notice if you tend to crop allot. That is not to say the new 18mp will not be better than the old 21mp, it just runs contrary to the old marketing ploy that more is better. Maybe the plan from Canon is to get rid of the 1D IV and move the 5D series up a step where it is the ultimate still subject camera. Who knows, maybe they are doing away with the old separation of either picking a fast camera or one with the best IQ.

For me this might be a happy medium between speed and a general camera,

But, if they are going to give us one camera that is top of the line. Shouldn't it give us the best of all world's?

It will be interesting to see how the reviews come in.

Rick

Re: EOS 1D X announced!

I think it would serve me perfectly. By the specs it looks absolutely amazing. I will probably never own one though, but luckily I haven't outgrown my camera just yet

What I do miss is USB 3 capability. Especially with 2 CF cards it would take ages to download it to the pc if you have large cards.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk

I don't see 18mp vs 21mp being a huge downgrade in resolution, both being FF I don't think most people doing13"x19" or lesswill notice a big differance.

But I do like to print 13 x 19, and you would notice if you tend to crop allot.

If you tend to crop a lot, you'd better look for a longer lens or frame better the first time...right? :P I guess a lot of Nikon photographers have printed big prints with just 12MP as well, so it is possible.

Jan