Thread: 70-200 2.8 USM + 2ex II extender

70-200 2.8 USM + 2ex II extender

The 2x II extender seems to be frowned upon on the internet forums... I bought one a year ago but used it this week with my 70-200 2.8 for the first time...

I will say I'm quite pleased with the results and just wanted to share how sharp it is, no aberrations that I see really..

Above imaged cropped down not 100% but close... see here for full rez crop

Re: 70-200 2.8 USM + 2ex II extender

When I looked at the 100% view that I downloaded, there seems to be a green halo around the left lower edge of the rim. You can also see red along the top of the bottom of the rim. I'm guessing at 5.6, as opposed to 8.0, this might be more obvious.

Did you apply to the image either in camera or post processing?

But, it's not awful, is it []?

raw shot... DPP conversion with sharpen at 2 and everything else off.

i think its a very very sharp lens combo look at that full size pic

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3624/3303903483_60d17f2071_o.jpg

Looks great! But do be careful, there's quite some CA at the high-contrast edges/highlights, but a quick fix in Lightroom is all you need!

ok so really here is what i need to know ... you take a shot of a car .. with an awesome lens ...on a good camera ... i think it works just fine ..why you take pictures of tires is way by my skills but tell me this ... its a clear shrp picture ..yet when you post stuff like this you want 100 % crop ie blown up on a computer for critique why ... the ral question is what did ir print like ... how large a print can you make befor its crap ... whats with all the pixel peeping do you really think people get out a magnifying glass ... i may be stupid ... i own a 100-400 both 70-200< yes the are both is .. iown them for different reasons ... i also have an extender ... the 1.4 rarely used but when i do use ii its for a reason and i like the results ..the other option being with what i have ...no shot at all ... pixel peeping to me seems to such a waste of time and effort ..

maybe im wrong

oh and my monitor i dont see any of the Ca the other poster talks about ..do you on yours ...om running anHd monitor that isnt junk ... i must be blind