Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The new forum is here!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for the additional problem reports. Let me see what can be done about correcting them!

Can someone check to see if Avatars are enabled? I found another section where they required permissions for use and have made that change.

Note that avatars should be 80x80 and profile pictures should be 100x100 as currently set in the software.

I have decreased the required number of characters to 2. "No" should now be a valid reply.

I passed the bad url issue on to the developer - he has indicated that it is corrected now.

Chris - I'm anxious to feel right at home again myself.

Let me know if timeouts are encountered - the developer has been making some changes and one could have effected your session.

Andy - I changed the max images number to 10. You should be able to add plenty of smilies now.

BTW - the restore auto-saved content works nicely! Just accidently closed the browser I was typing this reply in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Carnathan View Post
    Can someone check to see if Avatars are enabled? I found another section where they required permissions for use and have made that change.
    I should have an avatar by now Yep, it works!
    Last edited by Sheiky; 11-12-2011 at 10:21 PM. Reason: check...it works!

Oh - Forgot to mention that the developer changed the join date to 1/1/2009 - effectively eliminating the problem of having joined before your date of birth.

Rad. Thanks!
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers

Bryan...thanks for all the work in putting this together. Just to let you know, I just tried to edit a post with 5 pics and it wouldn't let me swap out one pic for a new one saying that "5 pictures is the maximum allows." Also, and I don't know if others have had this same issue, but I was timed out while writing a post. I was taking a little bit of time selecting the photos, but my guess is that I was timed out after ~10 minutes.

Thanks,
    Brant

Brandt - I changed the vBulletin Session Timeout paramter to 1800 seconds (it was 900 seconds). Note that this also affects the who's online information. Let me know if this does not solve that problem.

If you are not signed in as a member, the attachments will not open. Many people are posting their images as attachements with thumbnails. If your are not signed in, the thumbnails do not show up, and the .jpg link will not open. When I sign in, everything works fine. If pictures are uploaded from, say flickr, then you can view them fine without being signed in... so it appears to only be a problem with attached images.

Conropl,

Thanks for the suggestion. I made some config changes - guests should now be able to view attachments. Let me know if this is not the case.

Bryan:

Seems to work good now. Thank you,

Pat