Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The new forum is here!

If you are not signed in as a member, the attachments will not open. Many people are posting their images as attachements with thumbnails. If your are not signed in, the thumbnails do not show up, and the .jpg link will not open. When I sign in, everything works fine. If pictures are uploaded from, say flickr, then you can view them fine without being signed in... so it appears to only be a problem with attached images.

Conropl,

Thanks for the suggestion. I made some config changes - guests should now be able to view attachments. Let me know if this is not the case.

Bryan:

Seems to work good now. Thank you,

Pat

I hate this screen. It is too much trouble to find the latest posts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Main.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	73
    When I click the "Whats new" or "New posts" buttons I get a more usable screen, however, earlier in the day it showed lots of new things that are not there now. I did not get a chance to read them.

Name:	New.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	74
    I would prefer to just see the most recent to the oldest post. All of them. Is there a way to do this?
    Mark
    Mark

Not sure who posted it originally, but you can just do a search for new posts:
    'Advanced Search' in top-right.
    <once only> under 'Additional Options', select 'A week ago' 'And newer', sort 'date' 'descending order'. Everything else blank. Click 'save' and that will save as default.
    Then just click on 'search now'.

Mark,

I'm still learning my way around as well. Check out this thread for some additional ideas:

http://community.the-digital-picture...ead.php?t=5319

I'm open to new options if we can determine what is available.

Best regards,

Bryan

Logged on through "tapatalk" app for the first time. Very nice. It makes using the forum with the iPhone much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb View Post

Name:	Main.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	73
    When I click the "Whats new" or "New posts" buttons I get a more usable screen, however, earlier in the day it showed lots of new things that are not there now. I did not get a chance to read them.

Name:	New.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	74
    I would prefer to just see the most recent to the oldest post. All of them. Is there a way to do this?
    Mark
    I agree with you, Mark! I know i'm still getting used to the new layout and finding my way around. In time, I am sure I will get used to it. Right now, I feel like there is a detachment somehow from the community. I was going to comment on your post shortly after you posted it but I went and read something else first, when I came back your post was gone from the "home?" screen I was looking at when I saw it originally. It took me awhile but at least I did locate it! But hey ...I've been known to get lost in a building that only has two floors! YEAH EMOTICONS!

Denise

Kayaker72 - You are fast! Neuro's been testing this afternoon. Tapatalk seems to be working fine:

http://community.the-digital-picture...0581#post60581

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb View Post

Mark
    I love the "New Posts" page. It lets me pop in, see what's new, and selectively read what I want without missing any new threads. Whatever gets added to the site, please don't remove this page!