Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The new forum is here!

Bryan, Nice work, I have been looking around and really like the new site. Thanks for all the work you have put into to this. Its very fast too.

I did notice that on the Members List there are litterally hundreds of spammers. Just thought you should know.

Bob

If there's an option to change the date-representation individually, that would be great. This style doesn't make any sense to me. Day-Month-Year I think would be better for me.(probably not for the others here)
    I'm still figuring out the forums, but I'm liking it more than before already

Hi everyone,

This is definitely a work in process at this point (I suspect things will be tweaked for a while yet).

Rocco - You are now Rocco again.

I am trying to get the top left logo to point to the main site - stay tuned - still learning what I can and can't do with this software.

Dr Croubie - You are correct - Some posts have been truncated at the ' symbol (that is why some posts simply say "I") - I'm checking to see if the developer can correct that issue.

You have indeed all joined at the dawn of Unix. Unfortunately, the developer has not been able to migrate the join date and was not able to guess it from your first post. Perhaps I'll have him pick a different date - if possible.

Search should be working now - the index has been building.

Keep the problem reports coming - I'll do what I can to resolve them!

Best regards,

Bryan

I love how we all joined back in 1970.... :-)

LOGIN INSTRUCTIONS: (If your old password doesn't work)

My old password didn't work, but for those of you that are already registered members, you can have your password reset and a new password will be sent to you, then after logging in you can change your password back to your old password, link is below or found under FAQ-->General Forum Usage-->Lost Passwords):

http://community.the-digital-picture....php?do=lostpw

Once you're logged in, then you can change the temporary password to a new password under "Settings" --> My Account--> My Settings--> Edit Email & Password, in your user profile.

Thanks Bryan and Congrats on the New-Look Site, It looks Great!
    Wow it's so big in here!

Rich
    Last edited by Richard Lane; 11-10-2011 at 04:44 PM.

HI all. I've had a bit of a change too. My username has been DLS for quite a while now, but back when I first joined the forum, i used Damian S. When I went through the process of resetting my password, my "registered" username came up as Damian S. Its fine but for anyone wondering: DLS=Damian S.

Like the new site Bryan, well done and thank

Thanks, Bryan!

As for issues:

• Adding a profile picture from an external link fails (error: "Upload failed due to failure writing temporary file."), however, uploading an image file from local storage does work.
    • Parts of my menu bar (in black) are in Spanish.
    • Seems to be no way to add images/links to the biography section - not sure if that's a setting to be enabled (rich/advanced entry for the bio field), or if it's limited to plain text.
    Will add more as I run across them.

Hi Everyone!

Wow, what a difference a day makes!!

Nice job, Bryan! Looks like this is going to be REALLY SWEEET!!

One more request:
    • Would you be willing to remove the 1000 character limit on Visitor Messages? I'm assuming the Bio field is limited to plain text, and a more complete and image-containing bio could be posted as a Visitor Message on a user's own profile page. But mine ends up being over 6000 characters, and errors. Apparently, setting the character limit (User Profile: Visitor Messaging Options > Maximum Characters Per Visitor Message) can be set to 0 for no limit.

I made it through, but have no friends any more. Just like real life. Hmmmmmm.
    LOL, great new look, now to get used to it.