Dearest All,

I am just about to purchase my first slr and I have decided on the 7d. I was looking at the 60d, however, cause I have big hands I did struggle operating the double scroll pad on the rear effectively. Furthermore, I would rather outlay a bit more $$$$$ initially rather than updating in a year or two.

Anyway, I'm heading over to Vietnam, Thailand and Cambodia at the end of January and I'm wondering what the best lenses would be, not only for this trip, but in the future if I wanted to photograph landscapes , buildings etc, and I would really love to get into nighttime photography of buildings and lights (eg like the hotels in Vegas)!

I am wondering what lenses I should purchase - I have read all the reviews on this site and perused the sample photographs from each of the nominated lenses. But there is nothing better than personal reviews from people who
have purchased and used them for the purpose I want to use them for!

I was considering the following as the all purpose lens;
15-85mm IS USM
or would I be better opting for the 24-105mm F4L (I saw the various sample photos of this lens on this site and loved it) and also purchase the 10-22mm

Or perhaps the 17-40 and 10-22 are they too close together?

I also saw the sample pics of landscapes from the 70-200m F4 IS USM and liked these as well, but obviously this lens is a fair bit more expensive.

Regardless of price - what are my best options?

I will also buy either the 50mm 1.4 just to have another fixed option.

I sincerely do appreciate your time and thoughts.

So I am just wondering what combo I should go with???????????

I waas just wondering