Thread: New England Tripod Trade-in Deal

New England Tripod Trade-in Deal

Any fellow New Englanders looking for a tripod and willing to drive to The Camera Company in Norwood, MA in the next two days (Friday, 11/18 and Saturday, 11/19) might be interested in their "Tripodmania!" promotion - up to $200 off Manfrotto or Gitzo with trade in of old (even broken) legs/head.
    Last edited by neuroanatomist; 11-17-2011 at 07:00 PM.

That's a pretty good deal...

Sent from my Android phone

I didn't see any Gitzo listed in their online pricing, I was curious how there prices compared to some of the online stores. Keep in mind Gitzo is having a rebate right now. Not that it matters to me, I am 2000 miles away and tripod flush right now. But I do have a broken tripod out in the backseat of my truck.

Maybe you should stock up John, get prepared for the day you get a 500mm. $200 off would be such a good deal on one of these might put you over the edge.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...6X_Carbon.html

Rick, their prices are a bit higher than B&H, and that combined with state sales tax (6.5%) does eat into the discount.

As for getting a Gitzo...I'll cross that bridge if I get there. As I stated elsewhere, the non-availability of the 500/4L MkI (and MkII, now) is leaning me toward the 1D X, as is a recent reanalysis of my EXIF. Since getting the 5DII, less than 10% of my shots have been with the 7D (which is what I'd use the 500/4 with, almost exclusively).

If I get a supertele, I'd just consider a Gitzo and a Wimberley II as ancillary costs. The 1D X would have those, too - such as a 580EX II (for the full AF assist coverage), a Kirk or RRS L-bracket, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    Rick, their prices are a bit higher than B&H, and that combined with state sales tax (6.5%) does eat into the discount.

As for getting a Gitzo...I'll cross that bridge if I get there. As I stated elsewhere, the non-availability of the 500/4L MkI (and MkII, now) is leaning me toward the 1D X, as is a recent reanalysis of my EXIF. Since getting the 5DII, less than 10% of my shots have been with the 7D (which is what I'd use the 500/4 with, almost exclusively).

If I get a supertele, I'd just consider a Gitzo and a Wimberley II as ancillary costs. The 1D X would have those, too - such as a 580EX II (for the full AF assist coverage), a Kirk or RRS L-bracket, etc.
    The 500mm II delayed really puts a hamper on planing.

This is the latest I have seen:

Canon EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM EXTENDER l.4x lens availability yet to be determined
    Canon EF 500mm f/4L IS II USM lens availability yet to be determined
    Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM lens availability yet to be determined

Seriously...yet to be determined is the best they can give us....

I hope they do better with the 1D X

Indeed. The 1D X and the primes had better be available for the Olympics in July, else Canon will take a big PR hit / loss of face (and heads will roll inside the company, no doubt).

How much of the delays can they blame on the earthquake, Fukushima or the Thailand Floods though? From what I know, they don't have many factories around Fukushima (although the electricity cuts were country-wide in the early days), and the lenses were delayed well before it started raining in Bangkok. The 1DX is already taking a gamble, competing with only half of the D3x/D3s specs at once (and years after their release), if they don't get it out before the olympics that's just corporate suicide.

Those tripod prices look nice, anyone want to buy me one and post it to Aus? (although with postage it probably won't be much cheaper...)