Thread: FS: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

Exclamation FS: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

Lens Model: Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM

Date Code: UY06 (June 2010)

Body Condition: Perfect, looks exactly as new with no dings, scratches, or any other marks. Hood is scratch free. I am not a smoker, so the lens has always been kept in a smoke-free household.

Glass Condition: The front element has a very minor coating mark about 3mm long. The mark can only be seen if held at the correct angle under a bright light, it is otherwise difficult to see, usually even hard to locate under the bright light unless you know exactly where it is. It's not a scratch in the glass since the glass surface is still very smooth, but the spot seems to reflect light differently. It looks much like short streak of residue that is sometimes left after cleaning a lens, but unfortunately it does not rub off. Not sure how it got there... might have even been there from new. Under moderate light the glass looks flawless, but I wanted to be sure any buyer knew everything about the lens.

Functionality: Works perfectly. IS functions exactly as it should, delivering the promised 4+ stops and focusing is fast and accurate. Required no micro-adjustment on 3 different bodies. Approximately 3000 shots have been taken with this lens.

Sale Includes: Original Box with all bags and styrofoam inserts, instruction manual and blank warranty card, front and rear caps, original tripod collar, original padded case w/strap, and original lens hood. I can include a Hoya Pro1 Digital 77mm UV filter for free if desired.

Price: $1950 + any PayPal fees if applicable.

Payments Accepted: PayPal, Check (must clear prior to shipment), US Postal Money Order

Shipping: USPS Priority with delivery confirmation and insurance is free to the cUSA. Additional fees may be needed for elsewhere.

Feedback: Please refer to my eBay feedback, where you'll see I've sold thousands of dollars of merchandise, including some camera lenses: trowski2002's eBay Feedback Profile

Photos:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bottom.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	489  
    Last edited by Trowski; 02-08-2012 at 01:25 AM.
    - Trowski

Can I ask why you are selling this lens?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

Actually it's because I own two of this lens.

I bought it for a second shooter at weddings since I thought it would be necessary since I like using a 70-200 2.8 most of the time, but I found that if we both used the same lens too much, we ended up getting shots that were too similar. I'm selling it to fund the purchase of another lens, possibly a 85mm f/1.2.
    - Trowski

Well that makes sense!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_taylor_au/ www.methodicallymuddled.wordpress.com
    Canon 5D Mark III | Canon 5D Mark II | Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Canon 35mm f/1.4L USM | Sigma 85mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM |Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II |Canon 2 x Teleconverter III | Canon 580 EX II Speedlite | Really Right Stuff TVC 34L | Really Right Stuff BH55 LR | Gorillapod Focus | Really Right Stuff BH 30

This lens is still available! I wasn't very aggressive with selling it while the holiday rebates were going, but now that the prices are close to where they'll probably be (even after the current rebate is over) I'm looking to sell this lens soon.

I'm also going to have a 24-70mm f/2.8L and 24-105mm f/4L available soon, as I'm thinking of grabbing the new 24-70mm II to replace both. If someone is interested, please feel free to let me know right now and I can post some more information about them.
    - Trowski

This lens has been sold to a member of this forum!
    - Trowski