Thread: STOLEN Blog article... any thoughts??

Angry STOLEN Blog article... any thoughts??

Hey everyone!
    I have a problem and I'm hoping someone might be able to help. I recently posted an article on the Canon S100 and then, later on, one on the Panasonic Lumix ZS7. These articles were posted on my blog and part of the interest in posting was to attract viewers to my blog, especially from people searching for reviews on the Canon S100, as it's new and people would want to find out information on it.

My problem is this... Someone commented on my WordPress Blog with nothing but a LINK. When clicking on this link, I saw it was MY REVIEW, SIMPLY COPIED AND PASTED onto another website, with a link at the way way bottom linking back to my blog. Furthermore, at the top, near the title it says "by Joe Jordan" rather than by FRESH Photography or my name, Jordan Murphy. Even if it had said the correct author, I would be irritated because I don't want it on someone else's site without permission. I contacted them via the contact page and told him that I wasn't interested in having my article on another site and that I would like him, and expect him, to take it down. Thus far, he hasn't.

Does anyone know what I can do? Maybe I'm overreacting? Again, the purpose here is that I want people to find my article, read it, and hopefully also look at other areas of my site. This won't happen if someone hijacks my words onto his .info site. What is the purpose of his site anyway? Very irritating. Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

- Jordan
    http://www.freshphotoblog.com

I'd do a little research and find out what legal grounds you're standing on. Then tell him your legal counsel has advised you to send a second request to remove your material from his site. If he chooses to ignore your request, specific legal action will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    I'd do a little research and find out what legal grounds you're standing on. Then tell him your legal counsel has advised you to send a second request to remove your material from his site. If he chooses to ignore your request, specific legal action will follow.
    That's what I'd suggest, it's always good to use words like "my lawyer advises". Main problem is, if this copier is not in the same country as you, could be a bit of an uphill battle, if s/he's in a place with no copyright laws it could be near impossible...
    Still, could just be some stupid kid around the corner from you.

I just did a WHOIS search: http://www.whois-search.com/whois/panasonicdmc-lx3.info

Registrant Email:seboro@gmail.com
    Registrant Name:Ondrej Sebor
    Registrant Street1:Hradebni 68
    Registrant City:Pribram
    Registrant Postal Code:26101
    Registrant Country:CZ (That's the Czech Republic)
    Registrant Phone:+420.777887664

How about a nice phone call, you can pretend to even be your own lawyer. Either a "you stole my client's stuff", but probably better off with "you're hosting something stolen", give the registrar the benefit of the doubt and an easy openning to take it down.
    Czech is part of the EU, their law-enforcement should cooperate with other countries these days, not sure who to contact about it but it's not like he's in China.

Wouldn't Wordpress remove the content (and warn the user) if you complained? It IS copyright infringement, and Wordpress might take that seriously.